Chapter 95: And I Am Iron Man

This is really long, so prepare haha.

''Hey, Cap, you read me?''

If it was possible to freeze even more, Katya did. Maybe her heart stopped too, who knew. Because what came through her comms was a voice she had prayed to hear again someday. At first she thought her mind played tricks with her again, but down below, Steve stopped mid-step and turned around slowly.

''Cap, it's Sam. Can you hear me?'' It came again. This wasn't a dream, this wasn't in her head, this was real.

Katya laughed like a maniac, like she had gone crazy. Who knew, maybe she had. But Clint and Natasha had wide smiles on their faces too. This would be one big reunion, if only it could have been in peace.

''On your left.''

Behind Steve, a yellow circle appeared out of nowhere. It shone and crackled with energy. Three people slowly stepped through, emerging from the light into the dark. From where she stood, it was hard for Katya to see who they were, but eventually the ears on the middle person gave them away. T'Challa.

Their portal grew bigger and bigger, but that wasn't the only one. More appeared next to it, left and right and above, and more and more people they had missed so much, joined the fight. Again. Also new people, lots of new people. 

A woman on a Pegasus, wizards like Doctor Strange, more weirdly formed aliens. But it didn't matter what they looked like or who they are, they were here to fight. 

Katya ran down the hill of rubble first, Clint and Natasha not far behind. Blinded by happiness and relief, she rushed to her own army, but in particular to a woman in red with glowing hands. Wanda barely had time to comprehend what was going on before Katya pulled her into a quick hug.

How badly she wanted to run over and hug all her friends, but there was no time.

Wanda smiled happily, but it could never hold the same emotion as with Katya. For Wanda, a mere second had passed, not five years. Vision hadn't died five years ago, but ten seconds ago. 

They didn't say anything, but they didn't have to. The smiles on both their faces was enough. Katya never expected to see Wanda again and hadn't dared dream of this moment.

A flood of emotions and memories came rushing in as Katya positioned herself in front of the group, surrounded by her friends. Only this time, a lot more stood with them than in Wakanda. Their group must be three times the size at least. 

Pulling the staff from her back, Katya readied it and gave it a good twirl. Like in the previous fight, guns would be close to useless with so many enemies. She didn't have nearly enough bullets.

Natasha pulled her batons from her back, Clint keeping the gauntlet in one hand and his katana in his other, Wanda let her hands glow, Bucky cocked his gun, and Steve... Steve summoned Mjölnir?! 

Katya almost forgot to fight because of that. Her eyes almost falling out of her skull, not unlike everyone's here. Although she didn't think anyone was too surprised. The only time he tried to lift it, years ago before Ultron, it had definitely moved.

''Avengers...!'' The Captain took a deep breath, gritted his teeth and narrowed his eyes at the enemy. ''...assemble.''

This was the cue, everyone's cue. Thor let out a battle cry, followed by T'Challa and his army. Katya didn't think, she just ran. Once again engulfed by the group. It made her feel safe, knowing she had so many people backing her up, protecting their home. Because no way would Thanos get the glove and snap again, reversing the whole time heist.