Chapter 58: Part Of Hell

''Nat?'' Clint's voice called out from the hallway. He knew better than to just barge into their room without knocking first. He learned that the hard way. ''Fury's here, he wants everyone downstairs.''

Natasha pulled away from Katya with a sigh, turning her head around to shout an answer. ''Be right there!''

Katya furrowed her brows after Natasha gave her one last kiss and stood, offering a helping hand. ''Nick? Which part of Hell did he crawl out off?''

Natasha snickered, walking back into the bedroom while Katya dried her hair. She pulled some clothes from the closest, some comfortable ones, and sat on the bed to look after the blonde. After the breakdown she just witnessed, she didn't just want to leave her alone.

Katya saw her waiting, staring at her with those concerned eyes. ''Nat, it's fine. Go. I'll meet you downstairs.''

The redhead rose from the bed, unsure whether she should follow up on that request. ''Are you sure?''

''Yes. Go.''

But Natasha still wasn't convinced. With her arms crossed, she leaned against the doorframe of the bathroom. ''What about the news, should we tell them?''

Katya looped her arms around the redheads neck, thinking about it for a moment. ''What do you want?''

A devilish look filled Natasha's eyes. ''I say we see how long it takes them to figure it out.''

Katya understood what she was hinting at and mirrored her smirk. ''You wanna make a bet?''

''Twenty bucks says it takes them at least a week.''

''Alright, you have a deal Romanoff.'' Katya sealed it with a quick peck on her lips.

''We should probably have a conversation about what to do with our last names.''

''Let's not get ahead of ourselves here,'' Katya chuckled. ''We need to kill this robot first.''

Natasha sighed and rolled her eyes. ''It's always something.'' With one last kiss, she left the room, softly closing the bedroom door behind her. 

Katya took a deep breath, staring at herself in the mirror. She looked absolutely horrible. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying and her voice was hoarse from screaming. A headache also plagued her from either the witch's magic or dehydration. The happiness from the proposal slowly faded away, leaving behind that same empty feeling she had felt since the mission.

It was better however. The gaping hole in her chest slightly closed by her happiness. The thing Katya was best at was faking things. Like the spy she was, forcing emotions and smiles came natural. She knew she didn't have to fake with the team, they had already seen her at her lowest, but for Laura and the children's sake, she would have to act fine.

Slowly, Katya counted to three, focusing all her energy on pushing that horrible feeling down. On one, she blocked the images from that dream. On two, she blocked all those bad emotions from her heart. On three, she was smiling, although it never quite reached her eyes.

Natasha and Clint would see right through her facade, but would also understand why she did it.

With steady hands, she reached for her hairbrush and started making herself look presentable. After all, two adorable kids were waiting for her downstairs.

''Where's Katya?'' Clint asked when Natasha walked into the kitchen. Like Katya, she had shoved everything down and was quite on edge herself because of her own vision.

''On her way,'' was her short answer. She didn't have to say anything else, the two being able to communicate without words.

''Romanoff,'' Fury greeted Natasha, who nodded her head in return. She grabbed all the things needed for a sandwich, since dinner had already turned cold and Katya needed something to eat.