Chapter 26: Oops

The mission went rather smoothly. Katya and Natasha ran into some knocked out pirates Rogers had taken care off before, until they made it to the door that would lead them below deck.

The engine room was on the lowest level and while the Captain had done a good job clearing the deck, they would definitely run into some guards still.

It all went quick and easy, Katya and Natasha silently making their way to the engine room. These pirates were clearly not the best in the business. Or they simply couldn't handle the spies' quick moves. Just a couple more stairs to go before they made it down when the loud ringing of a phone echoed through the stairwell.

''Oui?'' A scrawny looking guy who awkwardly held his gun answered the phone loudly. He had no idea two spies had sneaked up behind him. Katya wanted to move past Natasha to take him out while he was still distracted, but a hand stopped her, the quirky smile on Natasha's face saying she had something else in mind. 

Katya rolled her eyes but stood back nevertheless. If Natasha wanted to have some fun, who was she to stop her. 

A loud voice spoke on the other side of the line. It was French, but the words were inaudible. ''Okay.'' The guy spoke again, hanging up the phone and turning around to walk away, undoubtedly to do whatever he was ordered to. He froze in his spot when he saw the beautiful Natasha casually standing there, giving him a wide smile and flirty eyes. 

To be honest, Katya would have been distracted by her beauty too. It didn't seem to matter what gender the Russian used her charms on, Natasha was simply irresistible. 

''Hey, sailor,'' she said in a flirting tone when he eyed her up and down, before she suddenly kicked his knee, a very disturbing sound coming from the bone. Natasha wrapped a cord around his neck and jumped down into the space between the stairs, letting the cord carry her weight.

''Nat!'' Katya hissed after her when she disappeared without any warning. Running down the circular staircase quickly, she followed the sound of gunshots to track her girlfriend's position, jumping over two men lying on the stairs before finally getting to her partner again.

Natasha didn't wait for Katya to catch up to her, walking a few steps in front. ''Did you miss me?'' she finally asked when she felt her presence behind her.

''I hate you.''

A silent chuckle filled the hallway, both women alert for any enemies they might run into. There were a couple more hallways to secure before reaching the engine room when Katya felt someone behind her. Turning around quickly, one of her knives had already left her hand before the guy could grasp what was happening. 

Stealth was the key in this mission, so her guns had to stay in their holsters unless they were absolutely needed. Not that she needed them. She liked her knives better anyway.

The short blade lodged itself into the man's thigh, causing him to fall on his knees. With one simple kick to his temple, he was out. ''Nice,'' Natasha commented from behind.

''Thanks.'' Plucking the knife from his leg, Katya swiped it across the man's arm to get the blood off. The last thing she wanted was a dirty knife.

Continuing their way, the loud pacing of a guard could be heard from the level below. Katya had no idea where they had found these pirates, but they sucked. 

''Natasha, Katya, what's your status?'' Katya wanted to answer Rogers, but she was too occupied with sneaking up behind the guy. If she were to talk now, he would have pointed his gun at them and a gunshot wound would really suck right now. 

Both women jumped down, silently landing below. ''Status, Natasha?'' Natasha rushed to take the man down, but not before answering Rogers. ''Hang on!'' she yelled, before climbing on the man's shoulders and tasering him with her gloves.