Prologue

Leo

"Fucking great" I mumbled as I got out of the car.

I should have thought about this before running away.

I sighed and sat on the hood of the car, "Who knows where the fuck I am" I said to myself looking around.

Where was I even going? I had no phone, no cash and now I was out of gas too so no car either. I had no idea where I was. It was really late and the neighborhood looked really secluded.

Now like any normal sixteen year old boy I was a little scared, but I brushed it off and tried to find a solution.

You've been through worse.

It was really quiet, until I heard some noises. I followed the sounds and found myself in a corner near a building. I hid behind the wall when I saw two big guys staring at the wall.

I was about to run when I noticed that it wasn't a wall they were staring at. There was a girl there behind them. She looked really young too. The only thing I could make out in the dark was her curly hair.

What is she doing out at this hour? Especially in a place like this.

"You should've thought about this before wandering around after midnight" One of the guys told her.

They had weapons. This girl was in big trouble.

"Why can you wander out after midnight and I can't? Why don't you take your own advice and fuck off?" She said making my jaw drop.

Does she feel no fear!?

"You're going to regret ever opening your mouth" The other guy growled and got out a knife.

Usually I tried to stay out of big trouble. I had enough things going on to bring more trouble into my life. I didn't care about playing the hero, but these guys were about to harm a little girl.

I can't let this happen.

I tried to think fast. I had no weapon on me.

I picked up the heaviest rock I could find from the ground and threw it on one of the guys' head as hard as I could.

He yelled in pain and that was enough to stun both of them and get their attention as they both turned to me and started running my way.

The girl looked at me stunned and I yelled, "Run!"

I ran the opposite direction so that they would chase me. They weren't very fast. I was much faster since I was younger and lighter. I was also used to running, but their heavy footsteps were freaking me out.

We weren't very far from my car when I heard two gun shots.

Oh great, they have guns too.

But they weren't chasing me anymore. The footsteps stopped. I turned around to see them on the ground and two different guys standing behind them.

I was speechless.

What do I do now? Are they going to chase me as well? Why did they shoot them? Are they dead?

One of the guys on the ground whimpered in pain and the guy standing behind him rolled his eyes, "Boohoo" He mocked and shot again, before turning to me. His expression changed immediately and he had a crazy smile on his face now as he held his hand out to me, "Hi, I'm Nate"

The guy beside him sighed, "You're scaring the poor boy" I was still standing on my spot frozen. I had no idea what to do. "Are you okay?"

"Yes" I answered.

They walked towards me hiding their guns under their jacket, "We're not here to hurt you we were just looking for them, I'm Ares. Can you tell me they were chasing you?" He asked.

That's when it hit me. The girl. I had to make sure the girl was safe.

I ran to the direction she had gone. I was sure I wouldn't be able to find her, but I had to at least try.

"Where are you going?" I heard them saying as I ran and ran.

they were walking right behind me as I searched behind the buildings.

"What are you looking for?" Ares asked.

"A girl. They were about to hurt her" I said and turned to them.

There is no way I'm going to find her. She's probably still out there scared and trying to get home or somehwere safe.

"And how did they end up wanting to hurt you?" Ared asked, again.

"I tried to get their attention so the girl could run off" I said looking down.

"Well that's really brave of you, but you have to go home now. It's really dangerous here at this hour" Ares told me calmly.

"It's dangerous here at every hour" Nate mumbled.

"I don't have a home" I said quietly.

They looked at each toher and then back at me, "You don't look homeless" Nate said raising his eyebrow.

"I ran away and now I have nowhere to go"

They looked at each other again and Ares nodded at Nate before saying "Well you can come with us"

My eyes widened and I was now filled with hope, "Really?" I asked.

Ares chuckled, "Of course"

Could I really trust some strangers that I just met and knew for a fact were carrying guns? No, but I had nowhere else to go. It was either risk it and go with them or probably get murdered.

"Look, we won't hurt you. I know you might not believe it especially since you know we have guns on us, but I promise you, we won't hurt you. You can stay at our place and leave in the morning if you want" Ares said.

"Okay" I mumbled and started walking with them to their car.

(Yes there is smut in this book)