I Warned You

Tessa

"Girls, you won't believe this!" I said and rushed to where my friends were sitting.

"What is it now?" Jane sighed.

"I met a total hottie" I said quietly. I didn't want the whole school to know.

"And?" Jane asked, "You say that every other week-"

"You look really happy! Tell us more about him!" Serenity said excitedly with a huge smile on her face.

Her smile is so precious.

"He's like really tall, even taller than me and I'm tall for a girl and he has the most mysterious brown eyes I've seen and his hair looks so soft and healthy-"

"Tessa, take a breath hun" Jane said.

"Looks like Tessa has a crush" Serenity giggled.

"How did you two meet? Did he approach you? Where did you meet?" Jane started asking questions.

She's really overprotective.

That's when I realized, I couldn't tell them. I felt bad because they were my friends and I wanted to tell them, but it was for the best.

"Someone tried to steal my bag and he helped"

Jane raised an eyebrow, "You're trying to tell me someone tried to steal a school bag?" She asked.

I shrugged and nodded before laughing it off, "People these days are desperate I guess"

"Well did you get his number?" Jane asked.

"No" I said firmly.

Maybe it was for the better. That guy looked like big trouble and I couldn't afford fucking up my life even more.

But maybe I wished I would see him again and maybe it was just wishful thinking, but I was seventeen. I wanted to fangirl, daydream, make up scenarios like all the other girls.

"What, why?" Serenity asked.

"I don't know, it just didn't happen" I shrugged.

As if he would give me his number if I asked. He seemed annoyed with my presence. Not to mention he was probably older than me even though he didn't look older than twenty.

Jane sighed, "Well you should forget about him then"

Forget about him. Yes, that's what I would do. He wanted to fight those guys all alone so I could escape, but I had to forget about him. He didn't push me for answers, he frowned and bit his lip when I said I'd take the bus, the worry was visible, but I had to forget about him.

Get yourself together Tessa! Why are you letting a stranger have such an impact on you!?

I blamed it all on my age and the lack of romance in my life.

I need to stop daydreaming.

"Earth to Tessa" Serenity said waving her hand in front of me, "Are you thinking about him?" She asked with a small smile.

The smallest things could make this girl happy. She liked listening to us talk. She never participated at first, but we got her to open up.

"Of course not! He's just another hot guy, you know"

"Yeah whatever you say Tess" Jane said.

"Are we still going to get coffee after school?" I asked changing the subject.

"I-I can't" Serenity said, her usual happy face going back to a sad one.

"Come on Ren, please" I said dragging the word "please" and her ger puppy eyes, "We finish class earlier than usual today"