Epilogue

Leo

"Well, I'm glad that had a happy ending" Tessa said looking at the closing credits at the TV.

We were watching a movie on my couch and it had just ended. She was sitting on my lap with her back to my chest and I was hugging her waist.

Honestly the only reason I watched that movie was because she wanted to watch it. I didn't like romantic movies.

"Yes, I'm glad too" I said kissing the top of her head.

She looked up at me with a small smile, "I thought you didn't like romantic movies" She said.

"Who said that? I love them"

"Really?"

No, but I love you.

"Mhm. Of course" I mumbled kissing her cheek.

She chuckled, "Sure"

She turned around, straddled me and wrapped her arms around my torso.

"How was work today?" She asked.

"I don't have much to do now that Nate's situation is over" I said.

"That's good. You need a break" She said holding my face and kissing my cheek.

"And I need more time with you, but you're busy with work now" I rolled my eyes.

"I can't just not work at all"

"I make way more than enough money for both of us and then some"

"But I don't want to depend on you" She said poking my cheek.

I chuckled, "I know, but if something happens that you don't like you'll let me know immediately"

"Yes, I told you" She rolled her eyes, "But you know, now that I have my own money...I got you a gift" She said trying to hold back a smile.

"A gift? You don't have to-"

"Leo, do you know what day it is today?" She asked pulling away from me and putting her hands on her waist.

"What day is it?"

"It's your birthday, stupid! It's past midnight!" She laughed poking my chest.

"Oh, I forgot" I laughed awkwardly.

"You got me gifts for my birthday and we celebrated it, but you never told me when exactly your birthday was and last year I didn't even wish you happy birthday" She said looking down sadly, "I realized it was my fault for not asking so I secretly asked Rose to ask Nate and tell me the date"

Rose was Nate's wife now.

"Tessie, that's not your fault I don't celebrate my birthday not even with Nate and Ares" I said holding her face and making her look at me.

They always get me a cupcake with a small candle on it even when I always say I don't want to celebrate it.

"Well, it doesn't matter because I'll celebrate your birthday from now on" She said firmly and got up.

I watched her run to our room with a stupid smile on my face and she ran back to me with a huge bag and a white box.

She opened the box first to reveal a cake that had 'Happy Birthday Leo" on it.

"I made it myself!" She said proudly.

"Is that why you asked me to show you how to make a cake two weeks ago?" I asked.

I love this girl so much. I love her.

"Yes, you're the one who's good at baking, but I think it looks decent" She said shyly.