Keys

Leo

It was five in the morning when I woke up. I turned to see her sleeping next to me. She had gotten slightly closer to me too. Her face was so relaxed and her lips were slightly parted.

I smiled at how different than usual she looked. I didn't want to wake her up. I sat up on the bed and she shifted closer. I debated on whether I should wake her up or not, but I decided not to.

I covered her with the blanket and kissed her forehead. I sneaked around the house and left through the kitchen window downstairs, since the front door was locked, sending Tessa a text to close it in the morning.

I was a little anxious when leaving, worried that her dad might wake up and catch me. It would be much easier with her here, but she seemed so relaxed sleeping.

Fortunately, I managed to leave without anyone noticing. After I'd walked for a few minutes and was near a few clubs I decided to call Nate to pick me up. I didn't want to call him earlier today when Tessa suggested it because I didn't want him to know I was there, but he wouldn't suspect anything if he found me outside a club.

He picked up after a few rings, "How can I help you today, master" He asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Come get me"

"Where are you" He asked. I heard him shuffling, probably going to get the car.

I told him my location and he repeated it murmuring, "Be there in five" He said and hung up

I ran my fingers through my hair and let out a sigh. Now that I was away from her I could think clearly again.

Yesterday was life changing.

I couldn't even lie to myself and say I would stay focused on my goal anymore.

We had so much fun together. I even told her a little something about my mom. I never talked about my mom after I told Nate and Ares everything that night we met. I even tried to avoid thinking about her, about everything.

Yet, she made me want to change everything so effortlessly. She wasn't even aware of it.

I felt like we had a silent understanding.

Just then I felt a hand on my shoulder and immediately became defensive.

"Ouch!"I heard the familiar voice, "Are you in your right mind!?" He yelled.

No. No, I'm not.

"Sorry! I thought it was someone else"I said.

"Asshole" He murmured walking to his car.

I was so lost in my thoughts before, I didn't even hear the car.

"So what are you doing here alone?" He asked when we got in the car, "You usually tell me to come when you're going out. Got any company?" He asked smirking.

"No. I just needed some space and time alone" I said a little harshly.

His face told me all I needed to know. He was sad and worried. I felt so guilty for making him worry.

He put a smile back on his face, "I understand"

I wanted to say I was sorry for snapping at him, but I couldn't. I felt like it would be better to let it go.

"Where am I taking you?" He asked.

"My apartment" I said.

We didn't really talk for the rest of the ride. I could tell Nate was annoyed by my snapping and I didn't want to make it worse. He would let it go eventually.