Be With You

Tessa

I was so scared, shaking actually, but Leo put a hand on my shoulder and whispered, "Calm down. I'm here. I won't let anything happen to any of you"

I don't know why but it made me feel so safe and so warm. It made me feel like I could trust him with my life.

"Stay here" He said.

"No"

"Please, Tessa. I can't risk anything happening to you" He said.

"Well I can't risk anything happening to you either" I said.

He sighed shutting his eyes, "Stay behind me, okay?"

I nodded with a smile that he let me get my way and followed him.

He checked every corner of the living room and the other rooms downstairs to make sure no one was inside.

"They must still be outside" He said.

"You can look out the window"

He nodded and I led him to the window. He looked out and after a few seconds looked back at me with a sigh.

"They're out there aren't they?" I asked feeling panic wash over me. Before I knew it I was panting.

"You have to trust me, okay?

"Leo, my family-"

"No, nothing will happen to them. They won't know a thing. We'll take care of this and we'll go to bed and you'll wake up tomorrow and it'll be just like every other normal morning" He said.

For some reason his words calmed me down. He made it look so easy. As if the crazy killers outside were nothing but a small everyday problem.

"Now, I need you to do me a favour" He said and I nodded, "I'm going to go outside and I want you to go to your room" He said. He was saying it as if it was something really important.

"What? No. I'm not leaving you alone with them-"

"I have it under control, Tessa, promise me you'll go to your room" He said dropping his hands from my shoulders to my hands and holding them tightly.

"No" I said shaking my head.

Just then we heard another sound. They were getting closer to breaking in.

"I'm begging you. Go to your room" He said before leaving and going towards the door. He looked really worried and tense, just like I was.

For once, I listened to him. Something told me that whatever he was going to do out there wouldn't be pretty and I didn't want a reason to let him go. I didn't want a reason why he was bad for me.

So I went to my room, not looking back to see what was happening.

After a few minutes I heard a car going away and figure it was Leo's.

Please let him be safe.

I wanted to look for him so bad, but he told me not to.

I tried to go to sleep and after I'd analyzed every single thought and scenario, sleep took over me.

________

I woke up feeling a light touch on my cheek. I saw a figure standing on top of me and wondered if I was dreaming.

Is that Leo?

I quickly opened my eyes wide enough to see and saw sitting on the bed next to me smiling down at me as he stroked my face.