New Emotions

Leo

"How are we going to find things about their boss now?" Nate asked.

"Well I gathered some information before getting rid of them" I said shrugging.

"I'm still wondering why you did it on your own. You usually let me do it" Nate said.

"Yeah about that, Leo you're still young. Maybe-"

"Ares, I don't care. You should know that by now" I said.

He sighed, "Fine"

"We still need more information" Nate said.

"I'll try to find out more stuff" I said.

That's where Tessa came in.

It sounded pretty bad and I felt worse than I thought whenever I thought about it. I was basically using her. I couldn't say I didn't enjoy her company. It made me want to forget about all of this mess and just live in the moment, but I knew I couldn't.

I wasn't planning to tell the guys about her. I didn't want to put her in danger. Having her around me was dangerous enough and I'd promised her she wouldn't get in trouble while she was with me. I didn't know why I even cared, but I did.

"I have to go" I said standing up.

"Where are you going again?" Nate asked raising an eyebrow.

I didn't answer that. He was probably used to not getting an answer by now. I felt bad for not answering him, but I just couldn't and didn't even want to. I heard him let out a sigh as I left the base.

I was going to pick her up from school. I hadn't told her I would, it would be a surprise which I knew would probably annoy her.

I saw her walking out the school entrance with her friends. She was laughing probably joking around as always. She looked so confident and probably had everyone's attention. She  wasn't afraid to take up space, it was honestly admirable.

And I was using her. And it made me feel worse than any other situation I'd been in.

Shock took over her face as soon as she saw me and then annoyance as she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

Eye rolling is definitely a habit of hers.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'm here to see you"

She took my hand and took me somewhere else with less people around.

"Can you stop coming here? I don't want people to see me with you" She said.

I couldn't help but frown. Why didn't she want people to see us together? What was so wrong with me that she didn't want people to see her with me?

"Why?" I asked.

"Because people would start rumors"

"Why do you care about rumors?" I asked.

"Can you stop asking questions and tell me why you're here already?" She said raising the tone of her voice a little.

"I just wanted to see you"

"Don't you have places to be?" She asked clearly annoyed.

"Why do I annoy you so much?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Because I don't understand why you would want to spend time with me. Didn't you tell me to stay out of trouble? You're clearly no saint. So what do you want?"

"Are you staying out of trouble?" I asked.

"I can't do that, Leo. You don't know anything so just stop talking" She said harshly.