Leave me

Tessa

I didn't know if I was overreacting. It hurt me too to talk to him like this, but the fact that he completely forgot about me and didn't even think about texting me made me sad. Of course I was thankful it was just that and that he was okay. I would never want anything to happen to him. I couldn't focus all day because I was worried something might've happened to him.

I fell asleep almost immediately after he left. I was mentally drained with all the things happening.

I woke up hearing a voice in the distance. It took me a few seconds, but I quickly realized it was Leo.

"Sorry, I'm a little busy right now" He said, "Yes, I will get it done today, just not right now"

I opened an eye to see what he was doing and saw him standing and talking on the phone. He looked irritated and kind of worried.

"I want to get rid of them too, Ares. I just have something really important to do right now" He whispered and waited for a reply, "Fine, I'll see you today" He said and hung up.

"Get rid of who?" I asked startling him.

"Oh-um-"

"Let me guess. You can't tell me"

He looked at me with sad eyes and lowered his head.

Not the puppy eyes. Fuck.

"Oh, I can tell you"

I was instantly filled with hope. He trusted me to tell me this? I felt like it was all a dream.

"I just don't want to"

And that's how my hopes were crushed.

"W-what? Why?" I asked.

"Because you'll leave me"  He mumbled quietly.

I sat up and looked up at him, "I would never leave you" I reassured him.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "It feels so good to hear you say that, Tessa" He said, "If only it was true"

"What do you mean? What could be so bad?"

"Nothing. I've said too much again"

"But-"

"I'll go get breakfast"

"But Leo-"

"I said it's nothing!" He yelled.

He was being weird again and I didn't know how to deal with it. He was like a bomb ready to explode.

"Talk to me"

"Now you want me to talk to you? You hated me last night"

"Because you forgot about me and I was worried"

"So worried that you welcomed me with yelling and said you hated me"

"I was just angry" I said standing up.

"I've been working day and night to help you and you get mad because I forgot to do one little thing?"

"One little thing was all I asked for. I never asked you to work so much for me you decided to do that" I said pointing at him, "You insisted on helping me and you asked me to be your girlfriend"

"Yes, because I wanted to, but be a little more understanding. This is taking a lot out of me and I might forget some things. Are you going to act like a-"

"Finish that sentence and you'll never see me again in your life" I said crossing my arms, "You're keeping so many secrets from me and each time I've said it's okay because I knew it was a sensitive topic and you weren't ready to tell me and you're telling me I'm not understanding?"