Overwhelming

Leo

"Now what?" He asked with a stupid smirk on his face, "Leo this is your last chance you either work for me or you and your friends die" He said pointing the gun at me, "And you, don't you dare try to move" He told Vincent.

I saw Nate struggling to get up behind him and shook my head trying to tell him to stop.

He stood up regardless, took a chair that was near him and hit Reid with it. They both fell on the floor, Nate because of the force he used when he was already hurt and Reid because he was hit really hard, but he was still holding onto the gun. Nate got on top of him to take the gun and Vincent let me go and ran to help.

I feel so useless.

"Don't you dare come any closer" He said with the gun on Nate's head, "I swear if you take one more step I'm going to kill him" He growled.

Where the fuck are our men?

Nate was looking at me with a nervous smile on his face. I could see he was terrified, he was sweating and for once in his life he had no idea what to do.

I saw Reid's expression change as he looked to the side. He raised an eyebrow and he changed his aim and was now pointing at whoever he was seeing, but my vision was so blurry I couldn't see anything.

"You. Finally I can get rid of you" He said.

It all happened in a flash. He shot at that direction but there was another gunshot that followed that one.

Reid's body relaxed and dropped completely on the floor a few seconds after.

Who the fuck shot him?

I heard someone take a few slow steps and I gasped at what I saw.

"Tess?" I called out not believing my eyes.

No no no no

Nate looked at me, sorry written all over his face.

She looked at me gripping onto her shirt. There was blood and cuts on her hands, but what got my attention was the blood coming from the place she was gripping. She dropped to her knees and I ran to her side with all the strength I had left.

"Leo, we need to get to a hospital. Now. I'm going to call Ares" Nate said, but I couldn't listen to him. I was focused on her only.

"Why did you come here, you stupid girl?" I whispered and took her in my arms. I didn't care about my injuries, I just needed her close.

"I wanted to make up for the way I talked to you" She said, "I did it, he's gone"  She added with a faint smile.

"You did it sweetheart, I'm proud of you" I said stroking her face.

"Leo, it hurts" She choked out breaking my heart.

"I know Tessie, I know, but you're going to be okay. I promise you"

You have to be or else I don't know what I'll do with myself.

"You'll take care of my family?" She asked.

"Stop saying things like that" I said feeling hot tears drop down my cheeks.

"I don't want you or them to be sad" She whispered and reached out to touch me.

"Stop it" I said firmly and shut my eyes.

"Leo-"

"Stop it!" I yelled.

I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder and turned to see Vincent.

"Let me carry her, we'll take all three of you to a hospital. The others will carry you"