Can't take it

Tessa

I thought maybe I'd get over him I'd forget about him in a few months if I occupied myself with something.

I was wrong.

I tried to study as hard as I could and help my dad with my sisters so that I wouldn't think about him, but it didn't work.

And the worst part is he didn't forget either.

On my graduation day I received a text message from him saying "Congratulations Tess", but I couldn't reply to that.

On my birthday I received another text message saying, "Happy birthday. I hope you're happy"

Now, how am I supposed to be happy when seeing that?

After all of that passed, he didn't talk to me again so I thought that was all. I thought, no more text messages. We won't have to talk to each other ever again.

Once again, I was wrong.

I was out with Serenity and Jane drinking coffee. We noticed Serenity looked a little nervous, but we didn't say anything. However when Ren wasn't looking Jane would throw me a look as if she was saying , 'what's wrong with her?' 

"Actually girls, I-I have something to tell you" She said looking around nervously.

"Go ahead" I said eager to know what was going on.

"I-" She started but trailed off looking at Jane with a terrified expression.

"Go on" Jane said.

"Well, I'm getting married"

What?

Did I hear that right?

No.

She said something else. She couldn't have said that. Yes, she's not getting married, everything is fine.

I chuckled, "What?" I asked.

I looked at Jane to see if she'd heard it but I saw shock and anger written all over her face.

No, it's probably something else.

"I'm getting married" She said.

"What!?" Jane and I both asked.

"You heard that right"  She said firmly, but her face showed how nervous she was.

"You're still eighteen!"

"These guys are not to be trusted!"

Jane and I said at the same time.

Leo had broken my little heart so I didn't trust him or his friends with my best friend.

"But-"

"Couldn't you at least wait a bit?" Jane asked, "You don't even know him that well"

"I do know him" She said firmly.

"But you don't" I agreed with Jane.

"Can't you be happy for me? This is my decision" She said looking down with sad eyes.

She's so adorable.

"But what if you get hurt?" Jane asked.

"I've seen both his good and his bad side you know that" She said and looked at me, "What else could he be hiding that's worse than that?" She asked.

"You have a point" Jane said. I looked at her with desperate eyes. She couldn't just accept it like that, "-but Serenity you just got out of high school" She said.