Hurting

Warning: Violence
(Also sorry this is so long)

Tessa

"I'm sorry dad. It's really urgent and he can't make it" I said once again.

"I was really looking forward to meeting him" He said looking down with a sad look.

"I know dad. I'm sorry" I said feeling sad as well.

"Well, I guess I'll go to sleep now. At least I'll get some sleep since your aunt is keeping the girls" He said with a sad smile.

I smiled at him as he stood up and headed to his room.

Leo sounded really upset over the phone so it probably was something urgent. I knew how dangerous and unpredictable his job was so I couldn't blame him.

But I was upset too.

Not necessarily with Leo, but I was upset things didn't go as planned.

The next few days he mostly avoided me. The same man who asked me to not go a day without seeing him.

Well he acted like he avoided me, but sometimes I felt like I could feel his presence.

I was starting to get angry at him for avoiding me. At first I excused his behaviour because of his job, but I missed him, I was overwhelmed by my feelings and I was upset.

That's when I finally got a call.

"Hello" I said.

"Hi" He said hesitantly, "I'm sorry I haven't been talking a lot, but I missed you. I was really busy I'm sorry" He said.

"Of course" I said.

"Okay, can I come pick you up from college?" He asked.

"Sure"
________

"I'm very sorry I didn't come the other day and that I didn't talk to you much" He said as we were cuddling on his couch.

"Can you tell me what happened?" I asked.

He stayed silent for a few seconds, "I'm sorry" He muttered.

I sighed, "You know, I'm upset you're hiding things from me again. You never speak to me about what's worrying you"

"Nothing is"

I turned to look at him, "Leo, you've been extremely anxious ever since we got back together. You think it's not noticeable? You look like you're always on edge"

"That's not true"

"But I can see it!" I said, "I always tell you about my problems. Why can't you do the same? I thought you wouldn't keep secrets from me anymore"

"Because it's nothing important" He said stroking my hair, "I don't want to make you worry for nothing"

"Then why are you so worried about it?" I asked.

"I told you, I'm not-"

"Do you think I'm stupid?"

"No, I'm sorry. It's just work. You know Ares gave everything to us so that he could enjoy the first month of his marriage" He said.

I gave him a doubtful look.

"It's true" He said.

"Fine"

"How about we go out for dinner with your dad tonight? I'll pay for everything since it's my fault we didn't do it last time"

"He won't accept your money" I said knowing my dad.