In The Arms Of A Murderer

Tessa

It was Saturday today. Which meant I didn't have to go to school and today I was also going to talk with Leo about everything.

I couldn't say I wasn't nervous. All these weeks I was trying to look past the things he was keeping from me because I wanted him in my life and deep down I knew whatever he was hiding from me must be a reason for me to leave.

But I didn't want to leave.

I was so confused on what I felt and what I wanted, I could just hope our talk would clear things up for me. I hoped that it was just a silly secret, that we would just laugh it off and I would tell him it's okay and ask him why he was keeping such a thing from me.

But that couldn't be it.

He asked me to meet him somewhere close to my house.

"Where are you off to?" My dad asked seeing me put my shoes on.

"Oh just to get coffee with Jane" I said.

"Is she here? Does she want to come inside?" He asked.

"Oh, no! We'll meet up there" I lied.

"Well be careful and have fun" He said giving me one of his sweet smiles.

I'm sorry dad.

I left and went to the spot Leo and I were supposed to meet up. He was already there waiting for me.

I had the urge to run to him. Hug him, kiss him, but I didn't. I had to hear what he had to say first.

"Hi" He said smiling softly.

Why do you have to look so handsome? I'm supposed to be mad at you.

"Get in" he said opening the car door for me.

I nodded getting in and he also got in before he started driving.

"We'll go to my apartment. It's the only place safe for me to tell you everything"

"What do you mean safe?"

"No one can know about this" He said.

I was getting even more nervous. What could be so serious that he was so worried about people finding out?

I nodded keeping my worries to myself and he stayed silent. No one else spoke during the ride. It was kind of awkward. I didn't know what to say to him or if I should say something.

Once we arrived at the apartment he asked, "Do you want anything to eat or drink?"

I shook my head no, "I think we should just start talking" I said.

"Fine"

"Why was there blood on your clothes?"

I analyzed his face. He looked nervous. It was as if he didn't even know the answer.

"Well?" I crossed my arms.

"I have a dangerous job" He said, but that wasn't enough.

"I thought it had something to do with computers" I raised my eyebrow.

"Part of it is tracking people down or hacking, yes. There is another side to it that's more...physical"

"What is it?"

"I deal with dangerous people. Really really dangerous people-"

"Stop beating around the bush"

"I don't know how to make this look normal, Tessa " He said running his fingers through his hair.