As long As I'm Here

Tessa

I was still shaken up and holding on to him as we walked.

"Are you okay?" He mumbled.

I just nodded, not really wanting to talk. I just appreciated his presence and how comforting it was.

"I called a taxi, we should wait here" He said and I nodded again, "Are you sure you don't want to try to sneak into your house again? I just don't want you to feel uncomfortable with me and coming to my apartment and all" He said.

"It's okay. I trust you"

I looked at him saying that and saw his dark brown eyes light up and the corners of his mouth twitch, but soon his expression turned into a frown and he looked down.

I didn't really know if I could fully trust him, but I did. I didn't like that I did, but he'd given me no reason not to.

We sat on a bench and waited for the taxi. It was so dark outside and so late that almost no cars were on the usually busy road and no people were around.

"I'm sorry that I scared you" He said stroking my hair. He pushed the hair that was covering my face behind my ear and cupped the side of my face making me look at him, "No harm will come your way as long as I'm here"

He looked so sure saying that. So firm and confident.

How could he say such things and be so sure? How could he make those promises? I didn't know if I could believe him but I felt safe.

I leaned the side of my head on his shoulder and he leaned his on my head. We stayed like that until the taxi arrived.

No one said anything during the ride. Leo kept rubbing circles on my hand with his thumb, calming me down. When we arrived at his apartment I looked at the building in curiousity. It was really luxurious and I was wondering how his apartment would be.

We kept quiet until we finally went inside his apartment. After all this time of holding onto him, I finally let him go and walked forward to see more of it.

It was really big, but the way it was decorated was very simple. Almost nothing more than what he needed. I liked it for some reason, it suited him. Even though it was simple, it was still elegant and luxurious and the colours were mostly dark.

"Do you like it?" He asked closing the door.

"It's really nice" I said smiling a bit.

"Are you cold?" He asked and I shook my head.

He's so caring even if he doesn't look like he is.

"Can I shower here?" I asked.

"Sure, I'll wash your clothes for tomorrow and I'll give you clothes to wear for now" He said, "Did you eat dinner?"

I gave him a smile, "Thank you and no, but I'm not hungry"

He showed me the bathroom and then left to let me shower.

Wow a guy who doesn't use three in one shampoo. This guy even has conditioner.

After I was done, I stepped out and noticed, my clothes were gone and there was a bathrobe there.

I wrapped myself up in the big bathrobe and stepped out of the bathroom.

I didn't know where to go so I went back to the living room to find him, but I saw him in the kitchen instead.

"Oh you're done" He said looking at me. He was cooking something and it smelled really good, "Walk that way and go into my bedroom. I put some clothes for you there" He said.