Little Donkey

Leo

"What? Why" She asked. I could already see the worry in her eyes.

"The men that came to your house the other night didn't want to hurt your family they wanted to take you, but since that failed they've decided to convince you to go with them some other way" I said afraid she would react badly.

And she did.

"What!? My family is in danger and you brought me here!?"

"I-"

"No. Take me back right now" She said and crossed her arms.

"Just listen to me-"

"I don't want to! Take me back, I want to be with my family. I can't believe you would be so irresponsible. You could've at least told me when you saw me-"

She kept yelling and yelling, not letting me explain and I was getting worked up. I didn't want to fight with her, I really didn't but I couldn't control my anger.

"Shut up and listen to me!" I yelled and grabbed her hands, "Your house is fucking guarded, okay? I made sure no one would try anything the moment I found out about this"

Not even one day together and we're fighting. Maybe asking her that while we're trying to get her out of this mess wasn't the best idea.

But I wanted her and I wanted her to be mine. I couldn't explain why I had become so drawn to her in just a couple months, but she was all I could think about.

She looked at me in confusion, "Guarded? How?"

"I have connections" I said.

Please don't ask anything.

"What do you mean?"

Fuck.

"You know you never told me where you work" She realized squinting her eyes studying my face.

I felt guilty and anxious. I didn't want to lie to her, but she would probably freak out and hate me if she found out. I was just like the people she was protecting herself from, or worse. I was lying to her face, keeping secrets from her that I knew would bother her if she knew. I felt terrible.

"I'm-I'm" I panicked not being able to come up with something.

"You can't tell me that either can you? She mumbled hugging herself and looking down. She looked so disappointed and sad that I wanted to tell her everything right then and there.

"I know nothing about you, yet you know so much about me. I know you can't tell me everything, but at least give me something. I feel stupid being with someone I know nothing about"

She was absolutely right, she shouldn't be with someone who she knows nothing about.

But I was so happy she said yes. It was selfish of me, but I would eventually tell her everything. 

"Wait here" I said and started walking to my room.

I took out a box from my closet. I never thought I'd ever want to see this again, but here I was, taking this out again for a girl.

But she wasn't just any girl. She was Tessa and if I couldn't show her my present, I would at least show her a bit of my past.

I walked back into the living room with the box in my hands. She was now sitting on the couch and I sat down next to her.

"What's this?" She asked scooting closer to me. I smiled at the action.

"I can't talk to you about what's happening in my life now, but I can tell you a bit about my past if you want to know"