Hate Me

Tessa

"Tessa, are you with us?" Jane asked waving her hand in front of me.

"Huh? Yes" I said looking up from my phone.

I couldn't stop staring at his text. I wouldn't open it of course. At least not for now. I had no idea what to say to him.

Should I really go out with him? I definitely want to, but would it be a good idea? Probably not.

but I want to.

"Tessa!" Serenity and Jane yelled at the same time.

"Yes! What?" I asked panicked.

"We've been trying to get your attention for ten minutes" Jane said.

"I'm sorry girls"

I felt kind of bad. I was ignoring my friends for a boy. That wasn't like me at all.

"Why are you staring at your phone anyway? Did something happen?" She asked. Serenity looked at me in worry.

"No, no. So what were you saying?" I asked brushing it off.

Jane raised an eyebrow, "I was wondering if you wanted to go out with us"

"Oh, Ren you're coming too?"

She usually didn't want to, or couldn't come with us so I was really surprised.

"I'll try" She mumbled.

"So what day are we talking about?" I asked.

"Today" Jane said.

Oh no. Leo wanted to hang out today. I still hadn't replied though. I would feel really bad if I didn't go out with the girls just to go out with a guy I didn't even know that well. I had to say no to Leo even if I didn't want to.

"Oh sure. Count me in" I said smiling.

I took out my phone again and finally opened his text.

Me

I'm sorry, but I can't today. My friends already asked my to hang out later today and I would feel really bad if I said no :(

I hope I don't come off as bitchy.

"Are we going out after school?" I asked.

"No, Serenity can't after school so we're going out later"

"Great!" I said.

I didn't get a text from Leo until I had just left school. I was wondering if he decided to just never talk to me again. I wouldn't blame him. I couldn't control what came out of my mouth sometimes and ended up being bitchy.

But that thought left my mind when I was pulled into a corner and turned to see Leo's gorgeous face.

He was wearing all black clothes as always and had his hands in his pockets.  I couldn't even be annoyed, he looked so handsome.

I sighed and crossed my arms "Is this what we're going to do now? Are you going to come here everyday?"

"You said you couldn't hang out later today. Didn't say anything about after school though" He said smirking.

Deep down I was glad he hadn't given up on me, but I didn't want him to know that.

"Fine"I said rolling my eyes.

"Stop rolling your eyes at me" He said crossing his arms too.

I couldn't help but look at his muscles, but I tried to focus on his face.