Wait For Me

Leo

I'd never cried so much in my life. Ever. All of the times I've cried combined weren't even close to the amount of tears I'd shed that day.

I didn't want to fall asleep. I didn't want it to end. I wanted to stay wide awake and keep looking at her. Watching her sleep.

Creepy, I know.

But it was my last night with her.

I wanted to beg for her to stay with me. Get on my knees and beg. I was so  desperate to have her in my life even if she wasn't mine.

But even if she accepts me, she can't ever have a safe happy life if she's with me and I won't allow her to be in danger because of me ever again.

I stroked her hair and she leaned into my touch and sighed in her sleep.

Is she awake?

I wanted her to be awake. I wanted to tell her that I can't watch her go.

That I love her.

I felt sad that I didn't get the chance to tell her earlier, but I felt relieved on the other hand. If I told her that she would probably insist on staying.

"Leo? Why are you up?" She asked fluttering her eyes open.

I hadn't realized how much time had passed. I felt dazed as I watched her beautiful face.

"I didn't want to wake up without you and I knew you would leave without saying goodbye" I said.

"That just makes it harder for me to leave" She mumbled looking down.

Don't then.

It was a thought that immediately came to my mind but I tried to make it go away. I was the one who insisted on breaking up because I knew it was for the best.

She stared at me before standing up.

She nodded, "Do you have an extra toothbrush?" She asked.

"Yes"

As soon as she went in the bathroom and closed the door I sat on my bed and cover my face with my hands.

How could I fuck up this bad? I should've never gotten close to her. I should've just let her be. I should've kept my distance.

But now it's too late and she went through hell because of me.

She hated murder and violence and she killed someone because of me. She almost died because of me. She was stressed out the whole relationship because of me.

She exited the bathroom and I looked up, "Don't go yet. I'm just going to go freshen up" I said.

"I have to-"

"I said don't go yet" I said firmly, before softening my voice, "Please"

She nodded, "Okay"

I quickly got everything done. I didn't know if she was going to do what I asked her and didn't want her to give her time to change her mind.

Fortunately, when I got out of the bathroom she was there.

"Hi sweetheart" I said raising my head to look at her and forcing a smile.

"Don't go sweet on me now. Not now, please" She mumbled looking down.

"I'm not trying to do that", I walked up to her and lifted her chin to make her look at me, "Just know that I'll always be here for you" I said looking into her deep brown colored eyes that were a little swollen from sleep.