All Fine Now

Leo

I was anxious. I was so anxious.

But I couldn't even admit it because if I did I was sure I would fuck it up again.

No, I worked hard all these months for this moment. I won't let anyone take it away from me.

No one can. They don't know about me. They don't know about her. They're all gone.

They don't know for now, but what if they find out? These people are like cockroaches. Many more than what you think they are.

No, no one can take it away from me. I shouldn't be anxious.

But I was. I was shaking.

I sat inside my car, my legs bouncing from anxiety and phone in my hands waiting for her call so I could go.

But she didn't call.

Why isn't she calling? Did something happen?

I decided to call her, but she wouldn't pick up. I threw my phone on the passenger seat and pulled at my hair.

"Why aren't you picking up?" I whispered to myself.

Maybe something happened to her. I have to go see for myself.

I didn't want to act like a stalker, but I would never rest unless I knew she was okay.

Please be okay. You could be sick of me already and not want to see me. You could have fallen asleep forgetting to text me, but I'll take that over something happening to you.

I sighed and started the car heading to her house.

I'll just make sure she's okay.

She's okay.

She's okay. I just missed her and want to see her.

I couldn't help but be worried as I drove to her house as fast as I could without breaking the law.

As if I care about the law. When did I ever?

I kept glancing at my phone to see if she texted or called, but there was nothing.

When I arrived close to her house I got out and noticed her lights were off. It was so dark, not even her nightlight was on.

It was late so everyone was asleep.
I just wanted to make sure she was asleep too.

This is so weird. I'm being a creep.

I climbed up a tree next to her window and then leaned closer to look inside.

There she was.

Her peaceful beautiful sleeping face.

A sigh of relief escaped me as I smiled.  I didn't know how many minutes had gone by with me just looking at her angelic face when she suddenly opened her eyes.

Why? Is something going on inside?

Her window was closed so I couldn't hear anything from the inside.

Her glance moved to the window and our eyes met when she put her hands on her mouth and flinched in shock.

Her chest was rising and falling at a fast pace and she walked towards the window fast before opening it.

"You scared me to death!" She whispered harshly.

"You worried me to death" I said.

"What?"

"I thought you'd call me, but you didn't and I was worried"

She sighed and put her hand on her forehead, "I'm sorry I fell asleep on the couch and my dad probably carried me up here. You don't have to be so worried" She said.