Cookies

Tessa

3 years later

"Tell me how you've been! I haven't seen you in a whole week!"

I chuckled, "That's not a lot Ren"

Serenity looked at me excitedly, "It is a lot for me!"

We were at our favorite coffee shop near the high school we used to go to.

"Well, my dad and my sisters are away for the weekend but besides that I don't have anything else to tell you. You're probably the one who has a lot to tell me, you have twins at home" I said.

The twins are little devils. They're always getting into trouble and doing things they shouldn't be doing.

They're cute though.

"They're insufferable" She groaned, "But I love them and Ares helps out a lot. My brothers too, especially Vincent" She said with a smile looking at me, but then she looked down, and then back up at me "Alexander likes Leo a lot"

I looked down at the mention of his name. When the twins were born we had just broken up and there were times we bumped into each other because we both wanted to visit.

However, he never said anything to me. He simply walked away as soon as he saw me.

That happened the first year of our break up. After the first year, I was more careful and I didn't have much time to visit because of college.

"How is he?" I asked.

"We don't have to talk about it if you don't want" She said with a guilty look.

"No, I want to know"

It had been three years, but I still cared about him.

I still loved him as much as I loved him three years ago. Those three years without him were both quick and painfully slow. The days seemed like weeks, but when the end of the year was near, it seemed like the year had gone by in a flash.

"He's still always in his office working. Ares has tried to get him to take a break for a few days but he always says he's busy. Nate also tries to drag him along to some events, but most of the time he says no. Sometimes he says yes since Nate won't leave him alone" She chuckled.

"I see"

Have you always been this way? Working so much? Or are you still hurt?

"Anyway, Alexander always hangs out in his office and Leo watches over him when Ares takes the twins with him. They're both not very talkative"

"Yes, I know that" I chuckled remembering Alexander, "By the way, you always get that one coffee when we come here. Why did you order juice today?" I asked.

She tried to hide her smile, but her lips still stretched out into a bright smile at the end, "I haven't told Ares yet" She said.

"No way"

"I'm pregnant" she said happily stroking her belly.

"That's amazing! When did you find out!?" I asked.

"A week ago"

"What!? And you haven't told Ares yet!?"

"Well, he's been busy" She said with a guilty look and then smiled, "I'll tell him soon though"

"He will be so happy" I said.

I hadn't seen Ares many times, but Serenity talked about him all the time, so I basically knew a lot about how he acted.