Stay With Me

Leo

"I have to go back and search for my keys" Tessa said after we finished breakfast and sat on the couch.

"I found them last night, but my friend has them. I'll tell him to bring them" I said texting Nate.

"Thank you" She mumbled and stared at the TV.

I felt a little weird after her question. Was she starting to doubt me? She would be right though and that made me feel really bad. I genuinely enjoyed her company and I wanted to spend more time with her. I'd forgotten all about my other motives, but I had to do something about that situation as well.

I couldn't tell the guys about Tessa. I couldn't tell Tessa about the guys and the whole mafia thing. I had to get information on the other gang's boss, but I had to be careful not to hurt Tessa in any way.

It was all so frustrating and irritating.

"Leo" Tessa called out, interrupting my thoughts.

"What?" I snapped, it came out more rude than I wanted and she raised an eyebrow at me.

"When is your friend going to get here? I have to go"

"Go where?"

"Somewhere"

"Tell me where"

"No"

Why won't she tell me? She was supposed to be in school. Where else does she want to go?

"Why?" I asked.

She sighed and closed her eyes," I just don't want to be a burden to you. I have to go sooner or later" She said opening her eyes to look at me. She looked so adorable with her big brown eyes and her thick lashes looking up at me. I didn't even try to hold back my smile.

"What if it's later then?" I said shifting on my feet.

Shit. I'm nervous.

"You're not a burden, Tessa. You'd know if I didn't want you here, trust me" I said.

She nodded mumbling "Okay"

"Unless you really want to leave and go somewhere else" I said

"No!" She said quickly and widened her eyes waving 'no' with her hands.

"Alright" I said smiling again at her reaction.

She wants to stay with me.

I felt happy that she wanted to stay. I never liked having guests, that's why I never invited anyone over. Nate would come by whenever he wanted to, but he was like family to me, not just a guest.

Tessa however, was something else that I couldn't explain. I couldn't explain why I enjoyed spending time woth her so much, or why I was happy that she wanted to stay with me.

She sat on the couch. It was as if she was home. She looked so comfortable sitting on the couch with my clothes on, that were too big for her.

My thoughts of her were interrupted by my phone ringing. I picked it up, already knowing who it was, "Hello"

"I'm outside your apartment building. Come get the keys" Nate said.

I was thankful he didn't want to come up, "Coming" I said and hung up.

"Where are you going?" Tessa asked, her attention now on me.

"To get your keys. I'll be right back" I said before getting my keys and leaving the apartment.