I Trust You

Tessa

I woke up the next day feeling way too hot and sore. Something was wrapped all around me and it was not a blanket. I opened my eyes to see the sleeping face of a gorgeous man right in front of me.

I reached out and traced his features with my finger. My finger reached his lips and I was startled as he kissed it and took it in his mouth.

I gasped and pulled it away. He opened his sleepy eyes and smiled at me, "Good morning, Tessie" 

He looks so gorgeous even in the morning.

"Good morning" I murmured and hid my face under the blanket.

I was not ready to face reality so early. I was expecting him to wake up later so I could have some time to think about what happened.

"What's wrong?" He asked and lowered the sheets to see my face. He was looking at me with a faint smile but worry was written all over his face, "You don't regret it, right?"

I immediately shook my head.

No, I couldn't regret it. It was too good. I couldn't lie even if I wanted to.

I was just scared he would leave me again at some point.

"Why did you do this?" I asked him.

He cupped one side of my face with his large hand and looked into my eyes, "Did what?"

"Approach me. We ended things, remember?" I asked.

His black eyes widened and the hold on my face tightened, "Yes" He said after a few seconds, "But Tess I-" He trailed off and sighed, "I want you. Forcing myself to stay away from you is like self torture"

His face came closer and he left kisses all over my face, "What changed your mind?" I asked.

"Things are safer now. I took care of some things" He said smiling.

"I never cared about being safe, Leo. I only ever cared about you" I said holding his face in my hands.

His smile disappeared and a serious expression took over his face. His eyebrows were slightly furrowed and his lips parted as he stared at me in wonder and something else I couldn't make out.

"I'm sorry Tess. I'm so sorry. I just didn't want to lose you. I lost my family when I was only a kid. I watched them get killed. Finding out it was all because of me... finding out your mother's death was related to me in any way, it killed me, Tess.  I didn't want anything bad to happen to you or your family because of me I will never ever forgive myself if you-" His voice failed him at the end and he stopped.

His eyes were glassy and his lips pressed together as he tried to hold back tears.

I stroked his face and he let out a sigh closing his eyes.

"It's okay, Leo. You can protect me. I trust you"

"You do?" He asked opening his eyes, his voice shaky.

"Of course"

He let out another sharp breath and buried his face in my neck, "Tessie, Tessie"  He kept repeating my name and rubbing his face against me.

I played with his hair trying to calm him down.

My poor Leo. He acts all tough but he's as soft as melted butter on the inside.

"Stay with me, Tess. Please" He said finally lifting his head to look into my eyes with a desperate look.

"Of course" I said chuckling. He let out a sigh of relief and buried his face in my neck again.