Lie To Me

Leo

It was all going so well. She gave me a scare and I thought we would fight again. It was the last thing I wanted after what happened. We didn't end up fighting and I thought everything was okay.

Until she came out of the bathroom. 

"Um Leo?" I heard her voice coming from behind me. I hummed in reply and turned to look at her.

Something was off, I could tell. She seemed nervous and uneasy.

Is it because of what happened?

"I think I should go home now. I really need to get some things done" She said.

"Can't you do it here?"

"No" She said shifting her weight on her feet, "I can only do it at home"

I knew something was wrong, but I didn't want her to be mad at me so I let it pass.

"Okay. Do you want me to drive you?"

"No!" She said defensively.

What the fuck is up with her?

"I mean, it's okay. I really need a walk to get my mind off things. I've been really stressed with school and stuff" She said.

"Fine"

I walked towards her and leaned in to kiss her. She stayed frozen in place and I could tell she was uncomfortable so I just moved away instead.

"Text me when you get home"

"Yes" She said with a nervous smile and left immediately shutting the door.

What could she have seen or thought about in that bathroom that could change her behaviour so much?

I walked into the bathroom and looked around. That's when my gaze fell on the laundry basket.

I didn't have time to think. I didn't even stay a second more there to think about what to do. I just ran after her.

The elevator was occupied so I ran down the stairs as fast as I could. I couldn't waste any time. I got to the lobby and found her exiting the building.

Thank God she's still here.

I ran to her and when I was close enough I grabbed her forearm.

"What do you want!?" She asked shocked.

"You're coming back up"

"No"

"I can explain"

No, I can't.

"Explain what?" She said harshly, "The blood on your fucking clothes even though you have no injuries?" She whispered not wanting anyone to hear.

"Yes, I can explain"

"I don't even want to hear it" She said and turned away, but I wouldn't let her go.

"Don't walk away from me now, please" I pleaded looking into her eyes.

I watched in anticipation as she thought hard about it. She eventually sighed, "I really don't want to be close to you right now, Leo" She said.

"Are you scared of me?" I asked.

Please don't be scared of me.

She didn't reply, but I knew she was from the look on her face. She kept looking at my hands like last time.

Fuck, I'm shaking again. I need to stop panicking. It scares her.

"Tessa, It's me. You know I would never hurt you, right?"