Torture

Leo

I felt as if I'd stopped breathing when she suggested we take a break. I don't know when I became so dependent on her, but I was desperate to have her stay with me. I didn't even know why I was acting that way, but I couldn't control it.

What am I supposed to do if she leaves me?

All I did when she wasn't in my life was sit inside a room all day, in front of a screen. Sometimes I wouldn't eat all day and wouldn't get any sleep, trying to track people down or hack what Ares told me to. It helped me cope.

But now I had someone else who helped me cope and she had no idea how important she was to me. I was happy when I was with her. We fought a lot, but when we didn't I was so happy.

"Snap out of it" I heard a voice.

I was immediately put out of my thoughts of Tessa and I looked at Nate who was glaring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I said, are you going to tell Ares?"

"Tell me what?" I heard another voice and became nervous immediately.

I looked at Ares leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed and a questioning expression.

"Well, I have to walk my cat"

"Nate, you don't have a cat and cats don't-"

But my efforts didn't matter because he was already running out the door.

I hate him with all my heart.

"So?" Ares questioned.

I sighed, "There is a lot you should know"

He walked in closing the door behind him and took a chair putting it right in front of me before taking a seat.

"I'm listening" He said looking straight into my eyes.

So I told him everything. From the moment I met Tessa to the fight last night. I didn't go a lot into detail about my feelings. I mostly focused on what he needed to know as our boss and my best friend.

When I was done he was still looking at me with the same expression. Both of us were silent for a couple minutes and I was afraid of how he would handle it.

Until he finally broke the silence.

"You should've said so, dummy" He said smiling and patting my cheek.

"Huh?"

"I have to admit, I'm hurt you thought I would just use her and not care about your feelings. Not to mention she means a lot to Serenity too" He said, "Leo, you, Nate and Serenity are basically the most important people in my life right now. How could you think I would hurt you like that?" He asked. I could see he was offended, but he was right. I just didn't want to take any risks when it came to her.

"I don't know. I wasn't thinking straight. Everything is just so complicated" I said and sighed.

"I mean I understand since I didn't talk about what happened with me and Serenity at first" He said, "But I need you to trust me more from now on. I've told you before, I am not just your boss, I am your best friend too. If one day you want us to forget you work for me and want me to act like your best friend only, then I will"

I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I wouldn't have to hide it anymore and I had Ares to help me.

Not that I couldn't manage, but a little help would be nice.

"But let's be honest I knew from the moment you told our men to guard her house" He chuckled standing up and walking to the door.

I felt my face getting hot, "Oh" I simply said, not knowing what else to say. He chuckled once again at my reaction and left the room.