Kiss it better

Tessa

"Leo, how am I supposed to tell my dad? What will I tell them? That I got shot!?" I said pulling at the roots of my hair.

I told my dad the truth about where I was after I woke up since I couldn't keep using the excuse that Serenity told him for more than a few hours and he was currently on his way and worried as fuck.

"Don't worry, I'll handle it" He said full of  confidence and kissed my cheek.

How can he be so calm about meeting my father?

"What!? No way!" I said shoving him away, "You won't say a thing. I'll talk to him. You'll go to your room until he leaves" I said firmly.

"No, you don't need to get stressed over this. I'm responsible for what happened"

"I chose to get involved"  I said glaring at him.

"I got you involved in the first place"

"I was already involved"

"Tessa" He said as if he was warning me.

"Leo" I said using the same tone.

"What's going on here?" I heard a familiar voice I had missed so much. Normally I would be happy about it, but it wasn't a good moment for him to come in.

I gulped, "Dad, hi" I said and moved away from Leo quickly.

"Hello sir" Leo said calmly.

"Who are you and what happened? Is he the one who hurt you!? Why are you even here!?" He asked getting worried by the second.

"Dad, calm down. He didn't hurt me" I said.

"Then what happened?"

Leo and I looked at each other and Leo gave me a reassuring smile before turning back to my dad. I didn't know why but it helped me calm down and I was almost sure I could trust him.

"Tessa was shot, sir" He said making both my dad and I gasp.

Why did he say that!?

Maybe because it's the truth.

But that was exactly the reason why he wasn't supposed to say it!

"What!?" My dad asked. He rushed to me and took my hands in his face, "Does it hurt a lot? did you lose a lot of blood?"

"I'm okay now, don't worry" I smiled at him.

I really don't want to worry him.

"How can I not worry? How did this even happen!?" he asked in panic.

"She was attacked by a group of men when she was going home last night. My friends and I heard her yelling and we ran to help. Unfortunately we weren't fast enough so prevent her from getting hurt" He said looking down sadly, "I'm really sorry I wasn't fast enough, sir"

My dad turned to me, his face a mix of disbelief and wordy, "Is this true?" He asked me and I nodded, "Why did they attack you?" His voice cracked.

"They thought I was someone else. I'm guessing they were really dangerous people"

"They thought you were someone else!? That's their excuse!?" I could see he was getting really angry but he sighed and tried to manage his anger.

Having to raise three daughters after their mom and the love of your life died must need a lot of patience.

"What happened to them?" He asked.

"They've been taken care of" Leo said coldly. The story was made up, but I could see a dark glint in his eyes. I didn't know if he was a really good actor or if he was thinking of something.