Moving On

Leo

"So you're meeting Tessa today huh?"

I was in my room in our base working when I suddenly heard Nate's voice.

I turned to see him sitting on the bed with an apple in his hands.

When did he get here?

"Yes. Why?" I asked getting back to my work.

He threw the apple in the air and caught it, "I just think it's really weird how you've been overworking yourself and not getting out of this room"

"That's what I always do"

"Hm...no" He said and bit into the apple, "You don't have a lot of work these days and you overwork yourself when you're nervous or angry. Tessa is your girlfriend, this is not the first time you're meeting her so that's not the reason why you're nervous and there's nothing else going on that could make you nervous or angry" He said.

I felt like I was caught, but I didn't react.

"Unless-"

"Shut up and let me work"

He laughed, "Now, why would I ever do that?" He asked, "You have a plan" He said.

"What plan?" I asked.

"You're going to do something dumb. Again"

"Yeah? And what's that?" I typed faster on my keyboard, getting nervous.

"Hm let's see. You're meeting Tessa today" He said pretending to think, "I think you're going to break up with her"

I stopped typing and widened my eyes.

He chuckled and bit into the apple again, "There you go"

"How did you-"

"I am a psychic" He chuckled.

"Why do you even care about that?" I asked.

"Well first of all, if you break up with her you'll go back to being the most annoying little bitch on the planet and second of all, the girl doesn't deserve this treatment"

"She deserves a good life and I can't give her that"

"Why not? See Ares and Serenity? They're just fine"

"Yeah, for now"

He stood up and walked over to me "She doesn't care about what you do. Leo, we're powerful and dangerous people. You can protect her" He said putting his hands on my shoulders.

"We're powerful and dangerous people, that's why I can't protect her"

"Come on, no one even knows you. You work behind closed doors. Everyone who ever knew you is basically dead as far as we know" he said.

"You won't change my mind"

"Fine. Ares!" He yelled.

"Why are you-?" I asked in surprise.

"No need to yell" I turned to see Ares standing behind the door.

"Look at that. He's been eavesdropping this whole time"  Nate chuckled.

Ares rolled his eyes, "Leo, I understand your thinking but, I think you need to think about it more" He said.

"I don't understand his thinking" Nate said.

"Well it's true we're dangerous, but are you going to give up on your happiness?" He asked.

"I'm happy knowing she's happy and safe-"