Sheidheda

The atmosphere was bustling with excitement down in the bar

The atmosphere was bustling with excitement down in the bar. People were enjoying drinks and treats while they waited for their festivities to commence. But above the bar Nia stared out the window watching the people outside thinking about what had happened during the night.

After Diyoza had been taken outside the shield, the owners of the bar assisted rooms to the now larger group before allowing them time to settle in. Nia had instructed for the girls to go upstairs before she approached the group to inquire about Octavia. She had been more than infuriated at their response.

"It was a necessary decision." Bellamy tried to explain. "You didn't see how she reacted to the group outside the ship. She didn't have to attack them and kill them."

"You don't realize what is going on inside her head. How this is affecting her. How it's changing her." Nia countered, knowing exactly what was going on with Octavia. She had more experience than anyone about what blood list could do to a person. She needed Octavia just as much a Octavia needed Nia.

That night Nia watched as Jade and Fox slept soundly in the bed. Tate and Echo had offered to take shifts watching over the rooms while the rest slept. The group had split into two groups one sent to watch over the ship while the others split the rooms upstairs. Bellamy would have originally stayed in the same room as a Nia and the girls but with the Octavia debacle he stayed in the same room as Tate while Echo stayed with the girls.

It hadn't been until Echo entered that Nia had a chance to get some rest. The commander unsure what her subconscious might show her with good reason. The day held more than enough for her to be untrustworthy and on guard.

The darkness engulfed her quickly. Once again, she found herself standing alone with no one in sight. She took a breath before she spoke up knowing what would be facing her.

"What did you do with the rest of the commanders?"

"Bound them." A voice replied from the darkness.

"How? How did you subdue generations of Flame knowledge?"

"I didn't do it alone. You helped." He replied making Nia snap her head around.

His silhouette now emerging from the shadows. His hood up but did nothing to cover the scars that littered his face. Nia had only heard stories about Sheidheda from Lexa, never had she thought that she would ever see him herself, yet there he stood in front of her.

"I didn't do anything." Nia stated not believing she could make the commanders disappear.

"You didn't have to, your emotions were enough." Sheidheda commented stepping closer to her. "You have everyone underestimating you, and that is you're advantage. They don't believe you can actually lead your people. They will never respect you if they don't fear you. Fear is control. Fear is power."

Nia stood there silently as he circled around her. His words seeping into her mind. As much as she didn't want to take his route, she had to protect her children.