A New Future

Three Years after Praimfaya

The couple laid intertwined with one another as they stayed in their own world. For them, it was just them two, nothing else. After everything that had happened for a moment they thought that they would never be together. That their future was ruined by decisions of the past. But their demons brought them together.

"We should get up before the others come looking." Nia noted remembering that their relationship was still kept to themselves.

"Maybe I want them to find us." Bellamy responded pulling her back into the bed.

He began to trail kisses down her neck and onto her bare shoulder. Her back leaning against his bare chest. The first months of their relationship was nothing but subtle looks and falling asleep to chase away the nightmares. It wasn't till after they had been together for a year that they had began to become more intimate.

Nia smiled and let out a giggle at his statement. "I could only imagine what kind of chaos that would stir up here."

Despite them all being so isolated and far from anything dissipating their peace, they had their problems with one another. But lately it had been Murphy causing trouble. He had refused to help out and was even shutting Emori out. Nia could tell that that notion had hurt her for worse than she could ever imagine. Right now it didn't seem like the time to flaunt their blooming relationship in front of others.

"It wouldn't matter what they thought. I love you and that's all that should matter." Bellamy said before placing a chaste kiss on her lips.

"I love you too." Nia spoke letting out a content sigh at the words. Her thoughts went back to all they had faced and was grateful that they could find love among them again.

But as she sat there thinking of the past she happened to think of the girls. She thought of them often and wondered about how they were doing. They were strong sure but she had left them with a unbearable amount of weight of their shoulders especially Fox.

"Hey, they're fine. I promise. Octavia wouldn't let anything happen to them." Bellamy commented noticing her change in demeanor. He knew that she thought often of the girls and wished there was some way to ease her nerves beside his words.

"I just wish they were here or we were there." She replied wanting them to experience the same kind of peace she had found during their time in space.

"I know and we'll be back there soon." He brushed a hair behind her ear and gently rubbed her cheek. "And from up here we can watch to make sure that the Earth is sustainable."

No more words were exchanged among them as they got up and readied themselves for the day. Bellamy went to speak with Raven and Monty while Nia went to help Harper who requested that she train her in medicine.

Nia was teaching her about battle wounds using Echo as a demonstration when suddenly she ran toward the nearest bucket and began puking. The two girls had followed behind her concerned for her. Echo gathered hair while Harper began to rub her back.