Murphy

The group gathered around the algae farm as Monty looked it over

The group gathered around the algae farm as Monty looked it over. Their rations was dwindling and now they needed to make sure the algae was able to consume. But this was the first batch and they would not know the effects of it.

Monty held a piece of it and glanced up at them. They glanced at one another as if questioning themselves.

"Whose first?" Monty asked.

"I'll do it." Nia spoke up taking the piece in her hand.

"Yeah, that would be a stupid decision considering you're the only one with actual medical expertise." Murphy pointed out making everyone agree.

Nia went to protest against it but they had already began discussing the next person. Monty and Raven were out of the question as they were needed. This left five people. Monty spoke out against Harper and everyone seemed to oppose Bellamy. Echo and Emori were the ones to think that no matter what it would dwidle down to them leaving them to look at one another unsurely.

Everyone's attention on them that they didn't see the two person conversing among themselves. Murphy managed to get close to Nia who still held the ration in her hand.

"You know I never thanked you back then for helping with the pain that Tristan inflicted. " Murphy said bringing the memory back to them. "I think you'd understand how much I care for her and why I can't let her take the ration. Just promise me one thing if all this goes bad, that you'll look out for her."

She nodded her head in unsderstanding knowing that he was going to do. He grabbed the piece from her and ate a small bite.

The movement he made caught everyone's attention. They saw the piece in his hand and a small bite taken out of it. They noticed Nia's eyes watching his closely.

"John, what the hell did you do?" Emori asked stepping close to him.

"Its not like you all weren't thinking the same thing." Murphy replied sarcastically.
Some sent him a small smile at his attitude but still what he had done was risky. Especially when they were uncertain how they might reverse it.

It was only a moment later when the atmosphere changed. Murphy placed his hand on the wall to steady himself but it didn't do much. His knees gave out causing them to rush over. Nia grabbed him, Bellamy quick to help her. They moved him to the medical area that they had managed to set up despite the lack of equiment. Raven and Monty were able to put together a couple machines with what was avalible.

Despite her lack of expertise she was learning from Abby when they were on the ground. When Nyko brought some sick they were rather hesistant to allow Abby to assist, this opened the idea of Nia helping. She was beginning to learn about Skaikru medicine when everything changed. Now would be a test to see what exactly she learned and how it might help.

Only they were settled Nia looked him over and all his vitals seemed to be even. Whatever effected him was beyong her expertise. All she could so was look after him until they found an explaination or a way to wake him up.