The Anomaly

The field was as bright as ever

The field was as bright as ever. The butterflies illuminating the night sky. The kids sat in the field watching as the insects flew around them. This was the only time they would ever have for themselves. Here, in this field, they weren't burdened by the pressures of the world.

They were young lives living in an unfair world. Two were just trying to live a peacefully life. One was expected to take over training after his father. And one was gearing up for a battle for a title that would one day unite all.

"What if we just left it all." Nia spoke up breaking the silence. "Just left everything behind, living for ourselves."

The others were silent as they thought of the possibility. But the idea seemed too far fetched to grasp. They could never imagine another life were the most wasn't expected from them.

Alec was the first to laugh causing the others to join in. Smiles were still present after their fit of laughter as they glanced at one another.

"Zhalia, always the one daydreaming." Lexa commented as they knew Nia wanted a better way to live.

"If anyone could achieve it, it would be her." Lincoln added knowing that of them all cared for Nia deeply. Each of them would ensure that no harm come to her. They would give their lives for her safety above all.

"With Alec following close behind, no doubt." Lexa joked causing Alec to push her slightly. Each of them knew how the boy felt about the girl but Nia was a free spirit thinking of a life beyond theirs.

Nia smiled and laughed before watching the butterflies above her. She took a breath and closed her eyes taking in the moment.

"No, we weren't meant to live a life of peace. We were children of war, it's only fitting that we fight." Her words settling among them as they thought of the roles they would take. They would be leaders and fighters, living a world that none of them wanted. "We will fight. And we will fight until our fight is over. That's the way it was always meant to be."

That day spent in the field would be the last day that they would be kids daydreaming about another future.

The group took a breath breathing in their reality. They were kids living a harsh world. And each of them would fight until their last days. They would each die for love. Each hoping that the others would find peace for themselves.

Now only one remained far from the home she had known. Nia could never have imagined her life would turn out this way. She was a girl from Earth who was trying to survive. She had spent her life hunting and healing, trying to find peace for her and her brother. But never would she have known that she would be leading not only her people, but two more groups from the sky to another world.

But this planet was unlikely anything they imagined. Not only was nature a fight against them, but they had to deal with the Primes, whose main goal was to secure their bloodline. With everyone dealing with the Primes, Nia was fighting an internal battle which ended in paying an ultimate price.