The Seek For Control

The Flame was something that the group knew little about

The Flame was something that the group knew little about. Other than Gaia, all the rest could do was sit and hope that Nia pulled from Sheidheda's control before it was too late. Each of them knew how well Nia led but having someone else using her to command an army so fierce was an unsettling thought.

Every now and again, Nia's expressions would change even little cuts would appear but Gaia assured them that it was nothing to worry about. But Tate was more concerned at how much blood would actually be visible. After all, they were still trying to conceal the fact that Nia is a nightblood.

Madi however was like an entirely different person. She had seemingly lost the only person she had known for most her life, her mother. She wanted everyone and anyone to suffer especially if they were going to stand in her way. She simply wanted this execution to happen soon so that they would be freed and she would be able to invoke some revenge.

Meanwhile, Raven was trying to figure out the Flame and how she could help her friend. The idea of Sheidheda easily overpowering the Flame when other commanders held the same knowledge intrigued her.

It wasn't till she recalled that Nia had said that Shiedheda isolated the commanders from her, that she began to connect the dots. She was an engineer and she had figured out ALIE, she can figure out this as well. It wasn't long before she came up with a solution to have Sheidheda isolated like he had the other commanders.

But before any of them could come up with a plan. The doors opened and the guards entered. Since getting thrown in their makeshift jail, they had seemingly lost track of time altogether.

Gaia reminded them of the plan while Murphy readied himself that it was for show. He stepped up ready for them to take him away only for the woman to discuss a different matter.

"Change of plans. Russell Lightbourne VII, savior of Sanctum, has issued a new order. The child is spared, but the rest of you will burn at the stake for your crimes." She announced to them all.

The guards moved in to gather them up as the group tried to protest. Tate moved to prevent the guards from getting close to Nia but it was too late. The guards halted in their footsteps already catching a glimpse of Nia. Because of her current state and how her fight was affecting her physically, they were able to see the blackened marks on her clothes. But the most eye catching sight was the nose bleed that had decided to occur.

Russell had mentioned that the child would be spared having the blood that they needed but now they another factor had appeared. The black blood slowing making its way down. The guards glance at one another while Raven rushed to Nia's to wake her and try and cover her as quickly as possible.

"Take the others, she stays. Russell will be pleased to hear this." The head guard spoke making the others begin to move.

But before any one of them could get close to Nia and Raven, Tate stood firm not allowing them to get close. But the sounds of their guns being among the guards made him shift. He had sworn that Nia would always be safe but now the more he resisted he may put her in danger.