End Of A Long Night

The room watched as their commander became limp in the small girl's arms

The room watched as their commander became limp in the small girl's arms. They watched as Jade tried to hold up her mother. Nia began to gasp for air as the darkness surrounded her vision. 

They surrounded the two quickly pulling Nia away from Jade. They had to get her upstairs and back onto the machine before Sheidheda took over and they lost Nia forever. Nia's body began to seize as she was torn from reality and her mind. 

Sheidheda had pulled her back into the Flame and had taken the upper hand in the attack. He wouldn't allow for this act of defiance go. She had to pay for taking what he desired most from him. This was the final straw, and he would end her before she could interfere with his plans further. 

He held her down on the table with his hands tightening around her neck. She tried to grasp anything to use against him, but nothing would damage him enough to let her go. Her legs kicked out as she tried to gain some leverage to knock him off-balance, but her attempts were futile. 

Once they had gotten her upstairs, they laid her on the table and tried to hold her steady. Raven hooked the link back up before hurrying on the computer. Their time was up, and they had to act now. The pilot typed in the code and watched as it began to upload once more on the second computer. 

With Sheidheda having the upper hand in his attack, he could feel the control coming back. Soon with Nia's death he would achieve what he wanted with no obstacle standing in his way. But he had celebrated his victory too soon as a force knocked into his side. 

Lexa had shown in her hour of need as she pulled Nia up from the table. The girl looked her over before glancing back at Sheidheda who had been knocked into the candles and falling to the floor. They didn't have much time before he would strike again. 

"This is it, Nia. This is where we stand and fight." Lexa spoke readying her partner. 

Nia coughed as she regained her breath, but she had to shake the daze off and get her mind in this fight. She shallowed roughly before nodding her head at her former commander. She had to fight, and she would do it at all costs. 

With Sheidheda no longer choking her, her body had stopped seizing instead laying limp on the table. Gaia rushed to her head feeling for a pulse and checking her breathing scared to confirm their worst assumption. But her breathing was slow, and her pulse was there. 

"She's still alive. Raven, we have to hurry." The priestess advised not wanting another episode to happen and this time Nia wouldn't overcome it. 

But it wasn't down to the pilot anymore, the upload had slowed and Sheidheda was stalling the process. He was buying himself time not knowing he was also strengthening the two sisters by leaving them alone. 

"Lexa, the Flame. If they destroy it from the outside, then I lose you forever again." Nia confessed not wanting this to become a reality. 

"Zhalia, you could never lose me. I've been with you the entire time." Lexa responded with a smile. She wanted to reassure her sister about the inevitable. "And I will always be with you."