The Last Straw

With Becca's book now in their possession and access to a computer, Raven was quick to work on figuring out the Flame and how to get Sheidheda out

With Becca's book now in their possession and access to a computer, Raven was quick to work on figuring out the Flame and how to get Sheidheda out. The group had Nia strapped down to minimize her movements while they worked. Each of the anxious to find a solution. 

"I saw him once, Sheidheda." Indra began to state worried about how Nia was faring in all of this. "I was only a girl when he took Trikru. He went from village to village, butchering anyone who refused to kneel, their families, too. We cannot let this creature command Wonkru." 

As much as it pained Indra to even suggest a thing, she knew Nia wouldn't haven't any other way. But she began to wonder if she could take her life. 

"I know, mother. If we fail, I'll take her life." Gaia decided for her mother. She knew how much her mother cared for the girl and she herself viewed Nia as a sister, but Sheidheda would ensure chaos at the cost of anyone. Gaia would bear this pain so her mother wouldn't. 

But Raven was not one to stand aside when she could do more. She had to save her friend's life not only for Nia's sake but for her children as well. "Then how about we don't fail? Thanks to Becca's book, we're past the A.I.'s security. If I'm right and it quarantined the minds of the other commanders, it should be easy to isolate Sheidheda and dump it onto the second computer. In there, we kill this son of a bitch." 

Her plan would've been flawless had Sheidheda not had alternatives. His main objective was power at the cost of everything. He had known that fighting Nia in the Flame would the easiest for him to gain control, but he didn't expect resistance from the outside. But now that he was aware of the threat, he knew how to handle it. 

"What is it? What's wrong?" Gaia asked sensing the pilot's confusion quickly. 

"It looks like there's a kill code, but Becca doesn't mention that in her notes." The pilot answered before referring back to the book. 

"So can you kill it or not?" Indra questioned seeing how this interfered with their main objective. 

"I can, but it'll destroy the Flame." Raven's answer was anything but hopeful. The Flame was a symbol of their past world. It allowed them to believe in a leader who held knowledge of those before. But now Sheidheda had placed an alternative to their plan to ensure his survival. "He's making us choose." 

Back on the table, Nia began to move against her restraints. Each of them held their breath wondering if Nia herself would appear or would Sheidheda make another return. But to their relief Nia took a deep breath before speaking to them.

"Gaia, what's happening?" The Commander sought advice from her old friend who should know more about the Flame than any of them. "I can't hold him much longer." 

"You have to fight for as long as you can. If we do it on our end then the Flame will be destroyed forever. The past commander, Lexa will all be gone." Gaia told her hoping this information would help Nia continue her fight against Sheidheda.