New Terrain

The descend down to their next planet was rough to say the least

The descend down to their next planet was rough to say the least. Each member was strapped in as the ship rocked back and forth. Shaw's voice the only things they heard as he tried to stay in contact with Raven on the mothership. But that cut out as well. It was a few more minutes of the shaking before it stopped altogether and the view came before them.

"Boys and girls, meet Planet Alpha." Shaw announced as they all looked at the scene.

Trees stretched out over the land. Mountains all around as they descended toward the forest floor. And the sky clear as they had once seen on their home planet.

Once Shaw had found an optimal place to land, the group unbuckled anxiously. They gathered their gear before stepping in front of the bay doors. Each of them wondering what might lie beyond those doors.

Nia stood there with anticipation as she waited for the doors to open. She wondered what kind of life they would face once the doors were opened. And she even thought of the first time the 100's ship fell. Did those kids have this much nerves? Her thoughts cut off as a hand curled around her and interlocked their fingers. Bellamy could practically see the wheels turning in her head and decided to offer a form of comfort.

As the doors of the dropship began to lower, Jackson couldn't help but repeatedly beg for the air to be breathable. It was a chance they all took when they decided to stand at the bay doors and watch as they lowered. But it was one that was worth the risk as they marvelled at the scene before them.

The trees stretched toward the sky making their head turn upward. The sun that shined above them bright and red. And the rest of the plants spread out over the forest floor as their colors displayed beautifully under the sunlight.

"Breathable air, check." Jackson commented with a smile as they all took a deep breath at their surroundings.

"Radiation levels, good, too. Eligius 3 didn't have to send nightbloods, after all." Emori informed them making Nia release a breath she was holding.

Her fear was that nightbloods would play an important factor as it did on Earth. She had seen how the conclave worked and after all that time that she spent trying to focus on not releasing the demons in herself, she wasn't sure if was willing to open that gate.

"How about that beacon, Shaw?" Bellamy asked getting back to the task at hand.

"8 clicks due East. I think it's on a high ground. There's a water source about halfway." The pilot spoke to them as he looked down at the device that would lead them.

"You should go first this time." Clarke told Bellamy as she recalled the first time when Octavia was the first to step onto Earth.

"No, we go together, all of us." Bellamy responded as he gently squeezed Nia's hand.

"Anyone got anything better than 'We're back bitches'?" Miller asked reminding them of that moment as well. The moment brought a small smile onto Nia's face as she thought of it and her brother who was by her side then.