energy

Into my hands fell two pairs of ear buds, designed to block out sound. I looked towards Chat Noir and then back at my hands. All I had to do was run about ten metres. I pushed myself back off of the floor. I put one of the pairs in my ears.

The world around me was shut out, even the insisting sound of the rain and thunder could not penetrate the ear buds. I watched the commander shout something into her megaphone and waited for the pain that came with each hit with my eyes screwed shut. It never came. Opening my eyes, I watched as the beams glanced off of me without even the slightest impact. I couldn't hear her say the orders, so her beams couldn't affect me. I felt bad for using what akumatised her in the first place against her but i needed to save her. And to save her, I needed Chat Noir.

I could feel the commander getting frustrated behind me as I sprinted and skidded towards where Chat Noir was frozen. Reaching up, I put both of the ear buds in his ears and he fell forward onto me.

He went to speak but because of the earbuds, I couldn't hear what he was saying. I gestured towards my ears and then towards the commander who was currently advancing angrily, her megaphone held more to hit than to shoot.

Chat stopped talking, nodded and called his cataclysm, his hand bubbling softly. We both turned to the commander.

I couldn't run very well at all. I felt weak and cold and everything was aching and burning. It was a kind of pain I had never felt before but it was seeded deep inside of me - like knives in my veins. I was pretty sure my left shoulder was dislocated. I held it closer to my body in a hopes of protecting it.

Using my good arm, I threw my yo-yo but it missed. It flew passed the commander's head and bounced on some rubble behind her. She grinned and took another couple steps forward and began to raise her megaphone to smash it into my skull. She was floating about half a metre off the ground and I needed to get the megaphone lower so Chat could cataclysm as he was further away so, I did the only thing I could think of.

Just before the commander began to descend the megaphone, I jumped up and grabbed her hand swinging round and, using my momentum, pushed her and the megaphone towards Chat. It was going great until I realised there was a high chance Chat could touch me instead of the megaphone. Panicking, I let go and was launched back into a pile of rubble.

I watched, practically immobilised as Chat destroyed the megaphone and began to panic because the akuma was flying away. He spotted my discarded yo-yo and caught the akuma inside. He couldn't de-evilise it but he could keep it trapped inside my yo-yo till I could. That's if I can ever stand again.

Instead of comforting the confused girl on the ground, he ran over to me and I could see tears in his eyes.

"Ladybug?!"

I could feel him by my side, pressing his hand to my neck, checking my pulse. Raising my hand slowly I reached and pulled one of my ear buds out.

"Right, the ladybugs. They can fix this." I heard Chat say as he took his out and placed them in my hand.

Somehow I managed to find my voice.

"Miraculous ladybug"

I watched as the world around me was put right but, the ladybugs didn't come near me. That made no sense. They were supposed to heal all damaged made by an akumatised person so why weren't they healing me.

I felt Chat Noir gently cradling me as the rubble behind me disappeared. Slowly people began to come out of their houses. I could hear the gasps and the cries. I could hear them during the fight too but I had blocked them out. Somewhere, a video of me taking all those shots was being shown and sent around. People would know.

I watched as a single one of my magical ladybugs crawled up my arm. A single ladybug, desperate to heal me. With all the adrenaline drained from my body, the real pain was beginning to settle in. I tried not to focus on it. I ignored it and settled on watching the ladybug crawl up my arm as I felt Chat pick my up.

The world was beginning to spin and I realised I was tired, so tired. Maybe if I closed my eyes, I will wake up and everything will be better again, I thought and the final thing I saw before darkness crowded my vision was the bright, vibrant ladybug burying itself under my skin.