returning

Marinette's pov

I breathed a sigh of relief as I walked out the hospital, hoping life would go a little bit more back to normal now. I had been kept in the hospital two nights and I was glad to finally be free of the place. The air held the promise of warmth though there was a sharp chill too. It was freeing though, the feeling of wind ruffling my hair.

Dad had reopened the bakery this morning after many complaints from customers about other places just not being as good. Mum joked that Paris was addicted to their baking but in all honesty I wouldn't be surprised.

Mum guided me towards the car, but it was a new one. It gleamed expectedly in its parking space, the same colour as the clouds in the sky above.

"Bit of an upgrade huh?" Mum said pulling open one of the doors and getting in.

"It's gorgeous, being the best bakers in Paris does have its perks." I squealed happy to know that I was no longer going to get dripped on in the back seat and there wasn't a chance of me falling out of the door.

"Well, seeing as what happened we thought it would be best to get a new one. Unfortunately because ladybug was not there the old car wasn't fixed but then again that might have been a blessing." Mum laughed and I smiled at her. It was nice for things to be normal.

"Am I going back to school soon?" I asked.

"I was thinking maybe tomorrow? You will be able to take it easy the last two days before the weekend and then you can get back to normal life on Monday? The only thing is, your attacks, what if they happen whilst you are at school?"

It was one of the things the doctors couldn't work out. Every now and then I would get these attacks of pain. They can't work out why and they wanted to do lots of tests on me but mum refused.

"They have me medication for it right?"

"Yes but it didn't do anything last time you took it."

"I'll be fine mum. Besides, the school has a nurses office and I can stay there if anything happens. I just really want to get back to normal."

"Of course Marinette. I think a bit of normality is what we all need."

The car turned into the bakery and we parked and got out. From here I could smell the baking, the rich scents of bread and pastries. There was quite the queue too. Mum wasn't exaggerating when she said lots of people missed the bakery.

Managing to get past the crowd, we hauled my stuff up into my bedroom and mum left me be for a while, saying dad needed help with all of the orders.

My room was untouched apart from the stuff that had been taken for me to stay overnight. My desk was still cluttered with papers. Mrs Bustier told Mum to tell me not to bother with catching up on homework but to make sure I worked hard to up my grades and I would. There was no way I was going to continue failing.

Well at least not in the education department. Love wise however, I was definitely getting an F.

I hadn't spoken to Adrien since he left on Monday. It had only been a day and a half and yet it was long enough for me to get my head around the situation. All those times he did anything that led me to believe he could like me, he was doing it just as a friend. I sighed and whacked my head with the palm of my hand.

"Marinette, don't worry about Adrien!" Tikki said sweetly, landing on my hand.

"How am I not supposed to worry Tikki," I asked and sat down at my desk, "why can't I just get over him. Him and Luka. There are so many other fish in the sea but I just don't have the courage to throw my line again."