it's quiet

Adrien's pov

I was woken by the sound of rustling and hushed voices. There was a weak light filtering through the window behind Alya and Nino who were huddled together, arms around eachother. Their affection for each other made me smile. I felt hope stir inside me as the voices got louder. They must have found Marinette... Right?

I got up and dusted down my jeans. They were finally dry. Reaching for my phone, I turned it on to see a missed call from Nathalie. I would not be phoning back. My phone bleeped, announcing to me that it was going to die soon. I'm sure the dupain-chengs will have a phone charger.

Putting it back in my pocket, I moved to the door and pulled it open before heading down to the bakery. My phone told me it was around 5 am. The bakery won't be open today. I suddenly remembered I had fencing with Kagami and I pulled my phone out to cancel.

"Hello?"

"Hey Kagami, I'm going to have to cancel our fencing."

"And why is that Adrien? You know you need a lot of improvement if you are to win this competition soon. I am worried that you are not going to be in your top form and if you aren't you won't win and-"

"Marinette's gone missing Kagami.

There was silence on the other end of the phone and I could practically hear her thinking.

"You still care about her although she is never around us anymore?"

"Of course I do! She's... She's Marinette. How could I not care about her?" I was shocked at Kagami's words. Weren't she and Marinette friends.

"She still hesitates and yet... That's okay Adrien. You go find your friend." Kagami hung up after that.

What was she so spiteful for? I was dating her not Marinette. I was looking for my friend who has gone missing for Christ's sake. I stared at my phone in indignation before walking into the bakery.

Tom and Sabine were hanging up their sodden coats and shaking off their umbrellas. They had a hopeless look on their face.

"You didn't find her?"

"No Adrien, we didn't. The police are still looking. We won't make you go to school, not today. If you want you can help us look but we are tired." Sabine yawned after speaking and looked sadly at Tom who shook his head.

"We will all help look for her. We will find her."

They nodded and followed me back to the lounge where a pot of coffee was put on. Sabine smiled at Alya and Nino on the sofa.

"They are cute together." She stated as I walked over to wake them up.

I shook Nino awake but stayed clear of Alya, hoping Nino would wake her for me. Alya in the morning was scary.

I turned away and poured coffee into cups for all of us.

"Do the police have any leads on what happened?" I asked as we all sat down around the table. Alya was still half asleep but listening intently.

"Well, we know she was still here at 6 pm because you saw her. She did quite a lot of homework so she must have stayed for a while. But it's like she just suddenly disappeared. At first the police thought she might have run away or gone on a walk but she didn't take any of her stuff with her. If she were going on a walk she would have taken an umbrella or something. And all her things are still here so she hasn't run away." Sabine held Tom's hand lightly on the table.

"Do you think it has something to do with an akuma?" I asked, sturring my coffee.

"Well, we know that she could not have been kidnapped by the akuma that Ladybug and Chat Noir had fought because she was de-akumatised. However; there could have been another akumatisation right after which then got her." Tom stated though he didn't sound too sure.