the attack

Marinette's pov

I got back from patrol with Chat with a spring in my step. I was happy, mostly because after telling me every, I found out from Tikki I hadn't been akumatised (but no body else needs to know that). Also, I had a medicine which Chat said would help with the attacks I had been having which he said was caused be an energy infection? Well whatever that is I now had some weird herbal mix made by Master Fu to help.

I was happy because things would be going back to normal tomorrow. I haven't seen Alya yet though, at one point I could have sworn I heard her voice downstairs. I was excited to see everyone, except Lyla... And maybe a little bit Chloe.

I rubbed my forehead in an attempt to erase the frown which had grown there and tidied my room a little bit, throwing away the paper on my desk which I no longer needed and fixing up my dresser because mum had panicked when grabbing stuff I needed and messed it up. In fact, I was thinking of going to be early so I could wake up early in the morning when I heard something move on the balcony outside.

It could have just been the wind, or a bird but as I continued to listen the sound of slow and deliberately quietened foot steps sounded out. Panicking I grabbed my history text book. It was large and a hard back. It would do some damage if swung.

I climbed my ladder slowly and crouched on my bed just under the trapdoor. I listened as the footsteps got closer and closer. Then they stopped. Whoever was on the balcony was now directly above the trapdoor. I steeled myself and the second I heard a creaking from the person shifting their weight, I pushed open the trapdoor forcefully and felt it connect with their jaw.

A black silluette was knocked backwards and stumbled away and I took this chance to repeatedly hammer them with the hard history book.

"Ow! Marinette what are you doing?" The figure said with a voice which I instantaneously recognised.

"Chat?" I questioned as I lifted the book away from his face and he came into light.

Sure enough Chat Noir was sat on my balcony after having been pummeled by a hardback history book and whacked in the face with a wooden trap door.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry! I heard footsteps and panicked thinking you were a murderer or something. Did I hurt you too bad?" I asked grabbing his face and moving it to see where I hit him with the door.

"I'm fine princess, don't sweat it. Although, we may need to work on your defense. A history book? Really?" Though in the light it was hard to make out his face, I knew he was smirking.

"It's the only thing I could find okay?" I mumbled smacking his arm as he laughed. "What are you doing here anyway, it is late and I want to sleep."

"Ah, sorry princess, I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"That's sweet of you Chat. I'm fine although, I have a feeling I'm going to be late for school tomorrow."

"Aren't you always late for school anyway?" He asked, grinning.

"How do you know that?"

"Adrien."

I looked at Chat's face but he wasn't lying. Chat really was friend with Adrien.

"Whoa, I didn't know you guys were friends. That's really cool!" I stuttered and smiled.

"He talks a lot about you, you know?" Chat admitted and in the low light I could make a out a small bush on his face.

"Of course he would, me, Alya, him and Nino, we are all friends." I rationalised but there was no doubt my heart quickened with Chat's words.

"No Marinette, most of the time it's just you and about how amazing you are."

"That's ridiculous Chat, everyone knows he loves Kagami and besides," the words hurt to say but I had to say them, "Adrien is just a friend."

I was lying, to myself and to Chat. I knew deep down that Adrien would never be just a friend to me but, I would always be to him. If he loves Kagami then, he deserves to be happy. I don't need to go getting in the way of things.

"Right," I heard Chat say and he sounded, well, he sounded sad, "I best get going princess, in glad you are okay. Sweet dreams."

He backed away and jumped off the balcony. I frowned. Why was he sad that I said I didn't like Adrien. I shook the thought away. He was probably just tired not sad, after all, patrol had been lots of hard work though very fun.

I returned back through the trap door, locking it behind me and got changed for bed. Tomorrow I was going to have to face school with everyone thinking I had gotten akumatised. And these stupid attacks won't let off. I hadn't had one since I left the hospital but slowly I could feel them building up. There was no doubt I was going to have one at some point tomorrow.

In all honesty, I didn't feel mentally prepared for tomorrow. Lyla doing everything in her power to ruin my life was tiring and dealing with her lies were worst. Chloe was less tiring but she would make some stupid comment about me going missing. I already knew people were going to act weird. I was all over the news for four days straight.

"Don't worry about it Marinette," Tikki spoke up in the darkness of my room, "as long as you know what happened, what everyone else thinks doesn't matter."

I sighed and smiled at Tikki.

"You always know what to say to make me feel better Tikki, thank you." I patted her head with my index finger and rolled onto my side and shut my eyes. No matter what happens tomorrow I have Tikki and Alya to back me up like always.

Hewo!! I hope you enjoyed this part and the beginning of the marichat!! Also the next chapter or the chapter after is gonna have some lukanette so we are gonna have Marinette losing her mind over three boys. I mean- whattt??? Hehe.

Ilysm, stay safe and remember

Don't be a salad, be the best goddamn broccoli you can be 😉