summer day

Marinette's pov

It was hot and I was still angry. The air just above the roof tops quivered from the heat. Chat's hair was sticking slightly to his forehead and he was out of breath from launching himself over and over at heat wave. I was not in a much better state, my face almost as red as my suit and my hair had begun to frizz from humidity.

"Ugh, if we don't defeat this akuma soon, we are going to cook." Chat heaved through his heavy breathing.

"Where could the akuma be hiding? There is no evidence of one on them at all!" I shielded my eyes from the now ever growing sun and tried to locate anything which looked suspicious.

"Lucky charm it?" Chat suggested at he leant on a chimney before looking down at his feet.

"I guess."

I called my lucky charm and into my hands fell a hose pipe.

"Really? This whole time we just needed to douse it in water." Chat huffed and grabbed the hose before dropping down to the street and landing next to a fire hydrant.

"Cataclysm!"

The hydrant was destroyed and chat shoved the end of the hose into the hole, turned it on and started spraying the commander. I braced myself against the chimney behind me and prepared to jump at heart wave. The second they were doused I would be able to spot the object right? And there it was. There was a blood curdling scream as the water hit the akumatised person's body and heat wave tried to back away in the air. I could see now that underneath the flames there was a small fire pendant around there neck. I took a running step forward but something was wrong.

The pain from earlier returned violently causing me to mess up my jump and miss heat wave completely, landing on the floor. The water Chat was spraying from the hose landed on the ground where it immediately evaporated, covering me in mist.

I crouched on the floor, breathing through the pain. Will this ever end? For the rest of my life will I have to deal with these stupid attacks, hindering me at every moment? I stood up slowly and threw my yo-yo. I needed to control my breathing and move in a way which reduced movement.

I carefully but quickly launched myself back up to the rooftops and landed in a way as not to strain my shoulder. Chat turned the hose back on again and I jumped, favouring my right side and throwing my yo-yo too to soften my landing and to pull my across without having to put too much effort into my jump.

Centimetres away. My fingers closed around the small pendant as heat wave moved their arms up to cover their eyes as they were soaked. I yanked at the pendant and felt the chain break free and I flung forward, pulled by my yo-yo. I had done it.

I landed onto a flat roof and rolled, my back hurting. Throwing the pendant to the floor, I stomped on it and watched as the akuma flew out and into the air.

"Time to de-evilise!"

"Bye bye little butterfly."

The white butterfly blended with the clouds now forming in the sky and the summer heat drained away leaving me shivering in my place.

I dropped down to the street and grabbed the hose from chat.

"Miraculous ladybug!"

I continued my concentrated breathing, short shallow breaths.

"Pound... It?"

I turned around to see chat already running away and I knew exactly where he was going. The school. Panicking, I ran after him and away from the reporters who were beginning to emerge seemingly from no where. I am so dead.

I was relieved to see the school in one piece but what didn't relieve me was the burning sensation still in my lungs. My throat felt raw and blistered and I swore as I landed in an alley near the school, my legs buckling beneath me.

"Tikki, spots off!"

"Marinette?! Are you okay?"

"Not right now Tikki, if chat or anyone sees you we are in trouble. Hide!" Tikki swiftly dove into my bag after shooting a worried glance at me.

"MARINETTE?!" I could hear someone:s voice but the heat and the fire and the smoke the pain had messed up my thoughts and I couldn't quite place it.

"MARINETTE?!" I couldn't speak. I was so exhausted. The adrenaline was gone from my veins. Distracted by trying to trace the voice, I accidentally took a deep breath in and winced as the pain spread again and became apparent. Can't I go one day without being in pain?

"Oh my god Mari is that you?!" I felt hands cupping my face gently but my vision was blurred with tears. There was just a fuzzing black and bright green. Such a beautiful green.

"Hey, hey it's okay you are okay." I was pressed up against leather and could hear a slowly calming heart beat. "Ladybug was right, you are okay. You are alive."

This is low-key trash and I hate it so... NEXT PLOT POINT WHOOP!

y'all lukanette shippers are gonna hate what I'm about to do and IM SOREYYYY

Also this is the chapter I talk about releasing in the next chapter thingy, for some reason wattpad is putting this one first instead of that on but oh well.