thoughts

Okay, so i know that these lil chats with me basically talking to myself kinda ruin the vibe of the story. I mean, Marinette is "missing" and Ladybug has some kinda weird energy infection of smthing idk and I'm just over here ranting about a scooby doo episode so ima try not to do many more of these though I do like writing these lil messages lol. You can just ignore them really, most people do but like- continue to vibe. Like, I'm slightly panicking because I have no idea what ima do when Marinette actually returns so ima have to think of a great way for Marinette to stop being missing without ppl getting suspicious and there being plot holes so let's worry about it together. Anyway, here's some angst or whatever. I don't actually know what ima write so
(◠‿・)—☆

Marinette's pov.

I woke up to the sound of Master Fu's snoring. He had fallen asleep not too far away from where I was lying down. I tried to shift my position but moving caused an ache to spread across my body. Every part of me hurt and I groaned and sat up. I thought about my last image of the battle, of the ladybug burrowing into my arm and feeling kind of grossed out,  I pulled up my sleeve. Sure enough, in the middle of my forearm was a sizeable lump which squirmed every now and then.

I grimaced at the sight of it and pulled my sleeve done to cover it as Tikki flew over.

"Things will be better now, right? You and Chat are okay again, you know you can talk to Master Fu. Because if you keep being so reckless something worst can happen and Marinette, I can't stand losing you. You are one of the best and most kindest ladybugs I've ever had the honour of being with." Tikki was sat on my hand, her small voice sounding into the quiet room.

"Yes Tikki things will be better now," I said with a small smile as Tikki flew up to hug me cheek, "I'm so glad I got to meet you Tikki. You are one of my best friends and I don't know what I would do without you."

I felt Tikki hum in agreement before my body was taken over with raging shivers.

"Marinette, are you okay?" Tikki asked flying away slightly in concern.

"Not-" I managed to spit out between catching my breath and trying not to cry out in pain.

At random times the aching was replaced with fire all over my body, burning and melting my skin. Like being stabbed all over. Like having my skin peeled off inch by inch. I felt tears flow down my face as the pain got worst and worst. I hissed through my teeth and bit my tongue to stop myself from screaming.

Somewhere I could hear Tikki's panicked voice and someone moving in the dark but I was too consumed by the burning pain to take to much notice. It seemed to swallow me whole and I watched in fascinated horror as my veins slowly began to glow a faint purple in the darkness of the room. It was horrific to see all of them through my now near translucent skin but beautiful too to see how they connected, the pathways of life in my body.

The strangeness of it all hindered my senses for a second, but only for a second as once the spectacle was over my body began to convulse. I vomited into the bowl next to me, tasting bile in my throat. This was the third attack since Chat left. It was much harder to deal with them without him here.

In the dark Master Fu handed me something and I drank it immediately, craving the numbness and soothing relief that these strange herbal concoctions gave me.

Adrien's pov

Returning home made me feel unsettled. I had no idea how Nathalie would react to my day departure.

Before coming back, I had stopped at the bakery, first of all to pick up my phone and second of all to see if there was anymore news on Marinette. There wasn't.

At least we had the whole weekend to help look for her now. Even if I was grounded I would still go. My father can punish me when he gets back.

I buzzed at the gate and watched as it immediately opened as though someone had been watching, waiting for me to return.

The mansion always reminded me of my mother for some reason, perhaps because I rarely saw my father in its halls. The grounds were sprawling made of the main structure and a garden wrapping round the entire building. The rain has eased slightly for my return journey, falling out the sky in small gently droplets that settled on my hair and clothes.

I walked slowly, my feet echoing on the wet paving as the door loomed in front of me. Nathalie pulled it open.

From where I stood she didn't look angry, although I had made the mistake of thinking she wasn't angry when she was many a time. She tapped her foot impatiently as I walked to the door and I stood outside, about a metre from the door and looked at her.

"You look tired Adrien." She stated pushing the door open further and moving to invite me in. I stepped into the foyer.

The house as unchanged in the day I had been gone, obviously. It still smelt like wood polish and a sharp scent that cut through the air which I could never quite put my finger on.

"Have you eaten?"

I shook my head, drops of rain falling to the floor as I did.

"Go sit at the table and I'll bring you some food. Then you can go to bed."

I nodded, too tired to worry if Nathalie was so angry she was being nice or was genuinely worried about me. It was probably the former but I was hoping perhaps she might give a damn about my feelings because my best friend has disappeared.

Nathalie appeared again, around five minutes later, holding a dish of something that smelt rich with wine and stock. Sure enough, she placed a dish of boeuf bourguignon in front of me.

"I'll see you tomorrow Adrien." She said lightly and as she turned to leave I found my voice.

"You know I will leave again tomorrow and the day after right? I will leave every day until Marinette is found."

"I know Adrien. And I also know I cannot stop you. Your father doesn't have to know about this. Goodnight Adrien."

I sat for a while, thinking and sometimes taking a bite of the food. It used to be my favourite food until I started going the Dupain-Cheng bakery and buying their croissants.

So Nathalie did care about me. The thought made me smile. And she wasn't going to tell father about me disobeying her and him. But he would soon find out when I break Kagami's heart. I sighed and rubbed my temples, finishing the plate and leaving to sleep hoping my dreams would be sweet and not full of screams from two of the people closest to me.

Also, I know in the tags it says lukanette and I promise Luka will return there gonna be an epic show down idk but yeah, at some point there will be lots of lukanette. More lukanette than adrigami because I love my sweet guitar boy Luka a lot and want to marry him ANYWAY stay safe y'all :)