maybe's

Marinette's pov

I looked at Tikki and she nodded lightly and I ran back upstairs.

"What are we going to do Marinette?"

"We are going out. It's Sunday and I want a girls day with Alya, I know she won't refuse ice cream. Then, this evening, when Chat comes I will... I will..."

Tikki looked at me expectantly.

"Okay, I don't know what I'm going to do when Chat comes but I'm going to smile and laugh at his jokes. And I'm not going to let him beat me at Mecha Strike III." I reached into my closet and pulled out a pair of jeans and I pink top as well as a jacket to keep out the cold.

I reached and grabbed my phone, dialling Alya and putting it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey Alya, you wanna get ice cream?"

"Girl, I thought you would never ask. I'll meet you at the park in ten minutes?"

"Make it twenty, I'm still not changed yet."

"Okay see you then!"

I dropped the phone onto the chaise next to me and pulled on the clothes I had picked out.

"You look a bit different today Marinette."

"Is the leather jacket too much?" I said with sudden anxiety, turning to look in the mirror.

"No Marinette, it's the perfect touch. You're now matching with-"

"Don't finish that sentence Tikki, that wasn't my intention."

"Oh please Marinette, deal with it, you love him."

I shot Tikki a look and she laughed before dropping into my purse.

"This is a girls day Tikki so shush." I buttoned the purse, tied my hair up in slightly higher pigtails than usual and left, locking the door behind my.

The day was cold and once at the park, I wished I had brought a scarf. Maybe ice cream was a bad idea with the temperature.

I heard a squeal and Alya ran over, practically throwing herself on the bench next to me.

"Hi?"

"You look amazing! Oh my gosh Mari the new outfit is so you!"

"Thanks Alya... You look great too, I love the lip-stic-"

I stared at Alya, trying to work out why the black lipstick she was wearing looked so familiar.

"I know right, Nino picked it out with me the other day. I mean, he doesn't know much about fashion but I trust his opinion. Girl you should have been there we could have gotten proper decked out with new clothes and there was this eye shadow pallet..."

Alya's talking faded out as I tried to work out why she looked so familiar. Dark Cupid. The shade of lipstick was exactly the same as the one that appeared when people were shot my dark Cupid all those months ago. And thinking about dark Cupid made me think about Chat and that made me think about... I put my fingers to my lips.

"...And then we had coffee, perhaps because of the weather we should go there instead of ice-cream; it is a bit cold. The coffee there is great, the cakes too, thought not as good as your place-"

"Alya?"

"Hmm?" She asked, a bit confused.

"You know in the fairy tales, when the spell is broken by a kiss, isn't it true loves kiss?" It had suddenly dawned on me that perhaps I had missed a huge fact.

"Oh for sure. It wouldn't have worked if just anyone kissed them, has to be true loves kiss. Why do you ask anyway?"

I sat there, allowing the fact to sink in. Only true loves kiss breaks the spell. That's what Alya says. That's what Rose said in that lesson such a long time ago. True loves kiss.

"Marinette?"

"Sorry! I just was thinking of something, that's all."

"Or someone?" Alya suggested, raising her eyebrows.

"Oh please, this is a girls day Alya. Just you and me." At least till later, I thought as there was a 99.9% chance Chat was going to appear at my trap door this evening.

"So about the coffee?" Alya asked, looking at me.

"Oh yes please, it is far too cold for ice cream."

Grabbing my hand, she lifted me up from the bench and smiled at me.

"It's good to have my best friend back, with no boys messing her up this time - Hawkmoth included." I snorted and whacked her in the arm and she dragged me away to some coffee shop in Paris. I was glad to be back too.

Sorry it's short lol but I'm tired aha. I will write again soon, promise. I have a long holiday in a week so if you don't get an update in like, a month, shout at me.