recounting

Chat Noir's pov

I watched in horror as Ladybug was hit by the beam after pushing me out of the way. She had screamed and fallen to her knees. It was only after her screaming that the commanders order made sense to me. Ladybug had been ordered to give over her miraculous. I started forward, in hopes I could stop her before I felt something ice cold hit my back.

I felt my muscles begin to tense and freeze up as I ran, first my legs, then my arms and finally my head froze in place. I couldn't move. The ice coldness over my body began to burn as I was pelted with rain but I was more scared because I watched as Ladybug, with her eyes closed, raised her hands to take off her earrings.

It was a slow, deliberate movement, her hands moving inch by inch. I looked over to the commander eagerly watching, a manic grin on her face. But there was something wrong.

Slowly, but surely, ladybug's arms began to lower. They lowered to her sides and her eyes shot open. How was she doing that? How was she fighting back? I tried my best to copy her, to force my body to move but the more I tried, the more my muscles tensed up and kept me in place. I watched partially in awe and partially in horror as ladybug stood up because you could hear it. You could hear her skin ripping and her muscles protesting. Her joints grinded so loud that I wanted to cover my ears.

The commander was perhaps as scared and disturbed as I was because she stood still watching Ladybug take back control over her body for about ten seconds before taking action and shooting another command at her straight in the chest. I watched as ladybug was forced backwards by the beam and I heard the strangled cry that came from her throat. I thought then and there she would obey but she took another step. And then she took another hit.

Over and over again Ladybug was shot, her body taking on a purple hue as she continued forward. I heard a sharp popping noise as one hit her shoulder and forced her a step back. I heard a snapping noise as one hit her legs and forced her to her knees again. I watched as this girl, who I am guessing was the same age as me, took on so much pain and suffering to help.

The closer she got, the more the beams seemed to have an impact on her. I watched as her glowing body buckled over and crimson blood spewed from her lips. I watched as her head was twisted round in a unnatural way and I listened as she cried out and screamed from each hit. Still she kept going.

She was on her knees once again, crying into the night, the rain mingling with her blood and tears. I wanted to move to her, to help her but I was still frozen. I would never be good enough for her.

Suddenly I heard her strangled voice over the wind, rain and thunder.

"Lucky... Charm!"

Something's that were small and red fell into her hands and she looked towards me. She had hope in her eyes.

She put whatever had fallen into her ears and began to run towards me. I wanted to scream when I saw another one of the beams fly towards her. She must be in so much pain, having to run too and I didn't want her to be in anymore. I watched as she screwed her eyes shut and waited for the beam to strike her, but it never did.

The purple beam reflected off of her gently, not even touching her at all. I watched surprise register on her face before a grim look of determination settled itself on her features and she reached me.

She put whatever had come from her lucky charm into my ears and I felt my muscles relax and I became free from my frozen state. I fell into her, unprepared for my sudden freedom, and immediately regretted not being prepared as I watched her hiss in pain.

I wanted to speak with her, ask her if she was okay which she definitely was not but still. That was until I realised she had put ear buds in my ears. I could hear anything and neither could she. It made sense, the akumatised person became akumatised because people wouldn't listen to her so her powers would be useless if you didn't listen or couldn't hear her. I should have thought of that earlier.

Ladybug gestured towards the commander and I summoned my cataclysm and we watched the commander approach. I was a couple steps behind Ladybug and realised immediately that from here I would not be able to reach the megaphone. Ladybug threw her yo-yo but it missed and clattered uselessly onto the floor. I needed to move but the commander was moving faster and I didn't have enough time. I watched Ladybug realised this too. And then I suddenly wished she hadn't.

Using what must have been the last bit of energy and strength in her, she jumped, grabbed the commander's arm, spun and used the momentum created to push the megaphone in my direction. But she was too close. I couldn't guarantee that I could touch the megaphone before I touched her. I started to pull my arm away when Ladybug let go and flew across the paving and into a large pile of rubble. I stopped moving my arm out of shock and felt my fingers brush the plastic of the megaphone.

The megaphone was destroyed and I ran to snatch up the discarded yo-yo and caught the akuma in it. I couldn't make it good, only ladybug could do that, but this will keep it safe and out of the way for now.

I ran to her. I was crying. She wasn't moving, her eyes glazed over slightly, her mouth hanging open. I pressed my hand to her neck and felt her pulse and she moved with filled me with relief. She pulled out her ear buds and gestured for me to do the same. She then threw them.

"Miraculous ladybug!"

Except, the miraculous ladybugs didn't come near her. Broken glass panels in the Louvre were fixed and the building were put back into one piece but ladybug still sat there, being cradled by me, broken. I could hear people emerging from where they were hiding. The air was filled with gasps.

I held lady bug closer to me. I felt her grow limp in my arms and I knew immediately I had to take her to master Fu. I had to help fix her. Nothing else matters.

______________________________________________

Aha, I know I said in the description of the book that Master Fu was afk but, we need him to fix up Marinette so yay master Fu is back!! Sorry for all the angst btw, there will be fluff but... I'm better at writing angst somehow (─.─||)