memories

Marinette's pov

What am I to do? I panicked as the car hurtled down the road to the hospital. I was in the back of the car, on the side with the faulty door and window so every now and then, the overwhelming amount of rain on the outside of the car would cause me to be dripped on. The door had been driven into a while back when Mum had been waiting to pick me up from the cinema. It caused the door to buckle in and not quite fit correctly into the frame. I would have sat on the other side of the car but Mum and Dad had already packed some stuff there in case I had to stay over night in the hospital.

I shivered as another drop of water was blown into my face and I worried about what I was going to do. What was I going to say? Hey, the reason I went missing is that I'm actually Ladybug, yes the ladybug. You have all seen the video by now but don't worry, I'm practically all healed because I have a magical ladybug in my arm! Ugh, I definitely can't say that. I have to say something though.

The car swerved round a corner but came to a screeching stop.

"Papa, what's going on?" I asked as I unbuckled my seatbelt and sat awkwardly on top a suitcase which had been jammed into the middle seat.

"I don't know, this stupid rain is stopping me from seeing what's in the road."

The windscreen wipers moved as fast as they could but still, the torrential downpour blocked out vision. Whatever was in the road was moving towards us. The figure seemed to be shining, like the edge of a blade and I moved closer to the edge of my seat to try and see what it was.

"Marinette, get back in your seat, I have a bad feeling about this." Papa said and I carefully moved back into my seat.

The engine restarted and Papa was reversing the car when the sound of metal grinding with metal filled the air. Papa pressed on the acceleration whilst turning the wheel a sharp left but the force of the movement caused me to slam against the broken door beside me. I didn't have my seat belt on yet.

The door banged open, having not properly shut, and I fell out of the car. I rolled across the asphalt, my body grazing as I did and sat up in the torrential rain. I looked back at my parents car to see a large gash in the sides the metal puckering at the edges. Quickly, I went to get up only to feel the metal coolness of a blade against my neck.

"Don't. Move."

I looked over to where the voice came from because I recognised it. It was Kagami's voice.

Riposte was stood about a metre away, her sword arm extended to be pressed against my neck. She was shining in the rain, her armour now twice as reflective, reflecting the dim light that came through the clouds and the yellowish light of the street lamps. She looked exactly the same as before except, around her waist were lines of small daggers.

I heard a near by car door pop open.

"Stay in the car!" Riposte shouted, her voice cutting through the air sharper than her blade.

I heard the squeaking of a car door opening and in a flash of silver, Riposte threw one of the small daggers round her waist in the direction of the noise. I gasped and turned my head, feeling the sword lightly graze my neck but it didn't cut. The small dagger was jammed into the car window, moving at such a speed that the glass hadn't even shattered. Papa had shut the door just in time.

I watched as Riposte threw another dagger, this one smashing straight through the window and jamming itself in the electronic car lock inside the car. I heard the sound of all the doors locking.

"Now your over bearing parents won't annoy us, will they Marinette." She turned to me and gestured for me to get up. I did as she said and felt the blade rise up with me.

"Kagami, I don't know why you are so upset but please, I have done nothing to you." I said calmly as moving my head or neck too much cause the blade to press into my skin.

"You, Marinette, have done everything to me. Adrien and me are happy but then you have to go and exist." She spat at me, moving her head in such a way that cause the dim light to bounce off of it and into my eyes.

"You know, some days I wished I were this Adrien guy. He seems to get all the girls. But then I see what he has to deal with and I take it back."

"You!"

Kagami, pulled the sword away from my neck and pointed it accusingly in the direction of a black figure sauntering through the rain.

"It's nice to get recognition." Chat Noir said with a wink as he pulled out his baton and deflected a hit from Riposte.

"I'll kill you." Riposte said darkly, thrusting at Chat only for him to side step away from her blade.

"Only if I don't de-akumatise you first."

A fight ensued, with Chat matching Riposte's fencing abilities. They each seemed to be on par with each other, knowing when to attack and went to block. I positioned myself to run to the car when I heard a whistling noise and a dagger lodged itself into the building behind me centimetres from my face.

"I said, don't move." Riposte repeated as she swung at Chat again and again.

They continued fighting again but I could see that Chat was getting sloppy. He was being tired out by Riposte's relentless attacks.

"Chat watch out!" I called as Riposte did a low swing that Chat only just managed to jump over with my warning.

"UGH CANT YOU JUST SHUT UP?!" Riposte screamed and in her rage swung round and advanced towards me.

I scrambled backwards but was backed up into a wall.

"You think your so amazing. And it's not fair. Everything you want you get. You're always happy, always laughing." Riposte hissed at me and raised her arm to kill me.

"You're wrong Kagami. I'm not always happy and laughing. I don't think I'm amazing and I rarely ever get what I want."

I dived past her and started running but she was too fast. I could hear her sword as it whistled through the air in an arc.

"MARINETTE NO!"