you're home

Adrien's pov

I had just returned to the bakery to pick up my phone when it began to rang. I had left it there early that morning as it had run out of charge. I was pulling on my coat, preparing to head back out to join Nino and Alya looking again when it began to ring. I pulled it out of my pocket only to see Marinette's smiling face as her contact flashed. It was the fastest I had ever answered my phone.

"Marinette?! Is that you!? Are you there?!" My heart was beating fast, please say she was there, "Marinette?!"

"Help." Her voice. Marinette's voice.

"Where are you? I'm at your bakery. Marinette can you tell me where you are?"

"A-alley, by... Ugh, can't see." I heard her speak into the phone.

"Marinette, send me a picture of where you are" I asked, I knew quite a lot of Paris from patrol. I would probably know where she was.

The line went dead, and a couple seconds later I got a text from Marinette. I recognised the street. I phoned her again.

"Okay, I'm coming to get you."

"Mum, dad?"

"They aren't here right now, it's just me. They are all out looking for you." I stepped outside, my coat half done up.

I heard Marinette's voice on the other end of the line but it was glitching and cutting out.

"Marinette?" I spoke into the phone but the line was dead.

Panicking slightly, I pulled the picture Marinette had sent me back up and ran in the direction she was in.

The rain was pouring once again. It had let up for about a day but there were storms washing in from the north. The wind howled around me and once I got to the area I was pretty sure Marinette was I started calling her name.

I moved from alley to alley, the very few people around staring at me strangely. It didn't feel like noon. The rain and clouds made the city dark and the street lamps were on already. Thunder rumbled and I heard a whimper come from an alley near by.

My legs burned as I ran to where the noise had come from. I slipped in the rain and caught myself, grit and stones jamming themselves into my palms. I swore and rubbed my hands on my Jeans before running into the alley.

"Marinette!?"

"a-adrien?"

And there she was. My Marinette. She looked bad. She was shaking, her arms and legs seemingly moving without her permission. She was deathly pale and soaked. She was also crying.

I fell to my knees and pulled off my coat, wrapping it around her. I had so many questions but all I did was look into her eyes. They were still the same crystal blue, clear as the sky which had been covered in clouds for so long. It was Marinette.

I could feel myself crying as I wrapped my arms around her and she did the same. She was safe and she was here. I stroked her hair lightly, the rain battering my back as I shielded her.

I pulled away and held her face lightly in my hands, drinking in her features.

"We need to get you home Marinette."

She nodded and I pulled her up, allowing her to rest her weight against me. She was still trembling and something told me it wasn't from the cold.

As we walked, I pulled out my phone and called Alya.

"Adrien-"

"I have her Alya, I've found her. Meet us at the bakery."

"You have Marinette?!"