what happened?

Adrien's pov

I watched as Riposte swung at Marinette as she ran away. The blade would slice straight through her.

"MARINETTE NO!" I screamed and I watched as Marinette screwed her eyes shut as she ran.

I pounced forward and just before Riposte's sword hit Marinette, I twisted it so Marinette was hit with the flat side of the weapon. The force threw her foreward.

"You stupid Alley Cat." Riposte screamed but I was angry now.

Before Riposte could move another inch, I grabbed my baton and smashed it down forcefully on her ring. I pulled the small glass case which master Fu had given me and I had tried very hard not to break whilst fighting and grabbed the akuma in it, knowing I will take it to ladybug later. I ran over to Marinette.

She was lying on the floor, out cold. She hit her head pretty bad.

"Chat Noir? What happened... Was I?" Kagami asked as she rubbed her head.

I carefully pulled Marinette's head off of the floor and cradled it in my arms. I could hear Kagami coming closer.

"Marinette has been found? But what happened to her?"

"You happened Kagami." I spoke, knowing my words sounded harsh.

"But i-"

"I don't care that you were akumatised. You tried to kill her. And that's not 'you made rubble fall on her' or 'you just wanted her out of the way' you held your sword against her neck and later on you tried to literally cut her in half."

Kagami was silent. I knew she would be confused. Why was she getting judged so hard by a super hero. But this was me talking. Technically I was still her boyfriend.

"I'm sorry."

I turned to look at Kagami, and was shocked to see tears in her eyes. She turned away and left, leaving her broken ring on the floor.

I picked Marinette up and walked to where Tom and Sabine where trapped in their car.

"I contacted the authorities before the fight, there should be some firemen on their way to get you out. I'll take Marinette to the hospital."

"Thank you Chat Noir," Sabine said, leaning over her husband to place her hand on mine through the smashed window, "do you think you could stay with her until we arrive. I know you must have super hero duties and what not but-"

"It's okay Mrs Cheng. I'll call Adrien and I'll stay with her until he gets there." I said.

"Oh, I believe Adrien is busy right now he-"

"Don't worry Mrs, Adrien would drop anything and everything for Marinette. I'm positive he will come."

She smiled and nodded and Tom gave me a sharp nod.

I was going to pole up to the rooftops when the glinting of Kagami's ring caught my attention. I placed Marinette down quickly and moved to stand over the ring as the rain poured down.

"Cataclysm!"

I carefully placed the tip of my finger on the ring and I watched as it disintegrated away into nothing. Knowing I didn't have long before I transformed back, I picked up Marinette again and set off for the hospital.

Marinette's pov

A steady beeping roused me from my sleep. Me head was heavy and seemingly filled with cotton. My mouth was dry and I rubbed my sandpaper tongue to the roof of my mouth. I could feel a soft pressure on my hand and wanted to open my eyes to see what it was but they disobeyed, staying shut. My mind was confused but somewhere I made the connection that there wasn't anything in my room which made a beeping noise.