flight

Marinette's pov

I was stood with Alya and Rose, the other girls talking to Adrien and Nino not too far away. Juleka was hugging Luka and demanding that she text and call him every night. Juleka mumbled something under her breath and punched Luka in the arm, causing him to chuckle.

Nino was next, doing some kind of strange handshake with Luka and reminding him mention his name to some producers. He even gave Luka some USB sticks with some mixes on.

Luka then turned to Adrien and they glared at each other. My mind returned to Chat and Luka's stand off the other day and I frowned. Luka said something and Adrien replied with a snarl but I couldn't hear anything they were saying.

Luka said good bye to Alya and Rose and Alix and Kim. He said goodbye to all of our classmates. And then he turned and he said good bye to me.

My feelings were a mix of happiness and sadness. Happiness because Luka was following and catching his dreams. He was happy. But sad because he was leaving me. I was finally moving on and he was going again. I was going to be alone again. I couldn't stop myself from crying in that moment.

It was stupid and childish but I cried anyway. I cried because the only stability I had was leaving. I cried because he looked at me like I was everything but really, his everything was on the other side of the world in a music studio. I cried because I was selfish.

He lifted his hand up to wipe my tears and I stood with my hands at my sides looking at the ground. When his arms wrapped around me I hesitated but I soon lost it and grabbed his jacket, sobbing into his shirt. Luka was so much more than a guy I liked. He was a symbol for me making a change, finding a balance between Marinette and Ladybug and for being more confident and sure in myself. Things began going right when he arrived and I couldn't help but feel that things were going to go extremely wrong when he left.

"I'm sorry Mari." He gently stroked my head and I stood back and looked at him.

"Do what you want to do Luka. Become your dream."

"Will you wait for me?"

"Luka, I already waited and waiting broke me. I can't sit here and wish for something that I'm not going to get. I love you, I really do but was this ever really going to work?"

"Mari?"

"I mean, we are just too similar. It's like two Ying's or two Yang's. It doesn't work. It just doesn't work." I looked up and looked him in the eye. He was crying too now.

"I wish it would." I kissed him then. It was a small kiss and I had to stand on my top toes to reach but it meant something, like a final good bye. And then I turned away. I turned away and I walked.

Adrien's pov

I was stood reluctantly at the air port, watching as Nino did some hand shake with Luka.

"Adrien." Luka said with acknowledgement as the other talked a few metres away.

"Luka." I said with equal jest to Luka's sly and belittling tone.

"Thank you for coming to see me off-"

"I didn't come to see you. I came because you are leaving a trail of broken pieces which I'm going to pick up."

I glared at Luka and Luka glared back at me.

He then moved on towards the group to my left and I watched as he moved from person to person saying good bye. I couldn't watch when he said good bye to Marinette. I turned and left, walking straight out of the doors and waiting leant against the wall.

It's short I'm sorry but here.