bring it on

Marinette's pov

"Are you bloody insane?! You better keep your mouth shut from now on!" I shouted at Chat as he stared in shock at the burning doorway of the school. "And if anyone else even thinks about entering that building I swear I will personally hand my miraculous over to Hawkmoth!"

I stormed past the crowd, people's mouths agape, watching as I ran through the doorway.

"Luka?! For god's sake, I have already dragged one boy looking for Marinette out of this building I won't do it again." I ducked under a burning beam and looked around the smoke for Luka.

My throat began to burn again but I rolled my eyes and wanted to punch both Chat and Luka for being so stupid.

"LUKA?!" I cupped my hands around my mouth and shouted. Where the hell is he?

I stood still and tried to hear his movements but all I could hear was the crackling of fire and the creaking of the school burning down.

"Luka please she isn't in here, you are going to get yourself killed. We have this under control now, we need you to leave so we can make sure you are safe and fight the akumatised person!"

I dropped to the floor as the smoke somehow got even heavier. Above me a large chunk of plaster and brick fell and I rolled to the right to dodge it.

"What Chat said was wrong and I don't even know why he said it. I know that Marinette cares about you a lot and would be really worried about you. You have to come with me. She really likes you Luka and to know you were putting yourself in danger would tear her apart-"

"How do you know Marinette?"

I jumped and spun around to see Luka stood behind me.

"We have become... Close over time. I see her a lot when I'm on patrols and her dad makes the best croissants in Paris. You have to trust me Luka."

He coughed and I grabbed his arm. His eyes were not the same as this morning. They were burning and filled with determination but also fear. The light from the fire sparkled off them just like the sunlight had earlier but it made them look darker and fiercer.

"I know you are scared Luka but she is safe... And if Chat believed me then so should you."

He nodded his head numbly and it was only then I noticed the burns he had.

"You are so bravely stupid Luka."

I picked him up and ran in a low crouch towards the door. Just as we passed through, there was a crash and burning debris blocked the doorway. That was close.

Firefighters had arrived and were beginning to douse the flames and I handed Luka over to a crew of paramedics, quickly explaining that my magical ladybugs should heal him but that they should still treat him.

I turned around and was about to go and find Chat when I noticed the way the crowd was staring at me. They were wary over my lash out at them all. I couldn't let anyone else get hurt. Luka being in there- I stopped the train of thought and tried to relax myself. Luka is safe.

Without all the adrenaline in my veins, the pain from my attack this morning was becoming more and more apparent. Hopefully we can wrap this up quickly. I thought as I through my yo-yo and pulled myself up to the rooftops.

Chat Noir's pov

Im so stupid I thought as I ran after the akumatised person who seemed to be quicker than anything we had ever seen before. I don't even know why I said it. It just came out but the fury in Ladybug's eyes... I sighed and rubbed my head whilst I ran. I was praying that Marinette wasn't in that building. I had put my blind faith in ladybug, just like I always did, and if she was in there i- I would never forgive myself.

And ladybug would have to find a new chat noir.

"IM HEAT WAVE AND I AM GOING TO BURN DOWN PARIS UNLESS LADYBUG AND CHAT NOIR HAND OVER THEIR MIRACULOUSES."

"Now now, heat wave, I wouldn't get ahead of yourself. You look a little bit hot and bothered, why don't you sit and cool down for a bit." I threw my baton at the flaming figure in front of me and heard a cry of anger.

"YOU AND YOUR STUPID, RIDICULOUS PUNS!"

"As fire as I know, my puns are purr-fect. Besides, it's been such a long time since I've gotten to battle an akuma, I'm stoked."

I just managed to dodge the fire ball that was thrown at me. I clambered onto a chimney and jumped over to where the akuma was but as I flew past, I couldn't see any object which could be holding the akuma.

"Having a little trouble figuring out how to defeat me kitty cat?" Heat wave taunted as they collected another load of fire in their hand.

"I am gob-smoked you think that my fiery friend, after all you are no match for me and my lady."

I heard another cry of rage and was forced to dodge five or six fireballs, all the while the air around me was beginning to get warm.

"Huh?" In a moment of confusion as to why it felt like a summer day, I completely missed the fact that heat wave had thrown another fire ball. I span around, my eyes widening as I watched the fire come hurtling towards me, knowing full well I was not going to be able to get out of the way in time.

It happened in slow motion. M'lady flew passed, her yo-yo spinning furiously fast and the flame was dispelled. Extinguished into nothing. She used her yo-yo to grapple onto a chimney and swung back around to land next to me, the string of her yo-yo still smoking from the encounter.

"M'lady-"

"Zip it Chat," She turned to look at me and her eyes widened and brows furrowed. She turned away "we have some firefighting to do."

I hope you enjoyed, it took forever for me to get the fire puns lol and most of them are really bad. If you enjoyed don't forget to vote, it keeps me motivated lol. Ilya.