aching

3rd person perspective

Master Fu paced round his room, the creaking of floor boards adding to his unsettlement. Ladybug was still unconscious even though it had been over twelve hours. He was worrying that the effects of the magic ladybug in her arm had worn off and the girl was slowly dying.

Every now and then, Tikki would swerve in and out of the room, driven to pace just as Master Fu was. It wasn't helping at all.

He had tried herbal remedies, things from the book Adrien had given him. He had tried researching how to speed up the effects of the magic Ladybugs but it was to no avail. Marinette was thoroughly unconscious and there was no knowing when she would wake up.

Master Fu had stopped checking the news when Marinette's face began to flash onscreen with the words missing underneath and a phone number to call if anyone has seen her. When he had seen the first report, he had pulled his curtains shut and flicked on the yellow toned light in the room.

He checked the time again. 1 pm. Adrien would be here soon. He had managed to get his friend Vivienne to relocate Marinette's arm whilst she was transformed but other than that he had no idea how her healing was going. Vivienne wouldn't ask questions.

Spinning on his heals again he began to pace but was stopped short by an urgent knocking on the front door.

Adrien's pov

Lunchtime ticked around slower than I thought it would. Even though I spent hours patrolling Paris with ladybug, my legs ached from the search for Marinette. Nino and Alya were still looking, joined by most of the class except Chloe and Lyla but that was expected. They both hated Marinette for some reason. Just like Kagami did.

I transformed into Chat Noir to get to Master Fu's house quicker and I was going to de-transform outside but then realised if Ladybug was awake she would know my identity. I knocked on the door.

I heard a shuffling and watched as Master Fu poked his head around the door before ushering me inside.

"We have a problem." He said as I entered and I watched as he walked to Ladybug and replaced a towel on her forehead, obviously there to keep her temperature down.

"What do you mean 'a problem'."

"I can't tell you otherwise you will find out Ladybug's identity but it would be really helpful if she woke up soon." Master Fu sighed and reached for a herb pack next to him and placed it gently on Ladybug's shoulder.

"When do you think she will wake up?"

"I don't know. She stirred slightly in her sleep when my friend Vivienne relocated her shoulder but that has been the only bit of movement from her."

"Master, you look tired. You should get some sleep. I can watch over Ladybug for a while."

Master Fu looked at me and nodded before turning into a different room wanting to give me and Ladybug some privacy. I reached out and held her hand.

My thoughts swirled around all over the place, jumping from my father, to Nathalie, to Ladybug, to Marinette. I thought of Kagami who was probably sat spitefully in her home lessons, angered that she didn't get to have fencing practice or a croissant. I thought about Hawkmoth and wondered what he would do if he knew Ladybug was unconscious right now. Did he have Marinette? It was highly unlikely. The akuma idea we came up with was bust as there had been no reports of an akuma and we all knew Hawkmoth was not that patient.

How long I sat there for I do not know. I felt the sun grow low outside, like it normally did in early afternoon in these midwinter days. I wondered why my phone wasn't ringing in my pocket when I remembered I had left it at the bakery. I rubbed my eyes. My hand was beginning to ache from being in the same position for so long and I went to move it away when Ladybug grabbed hold of it again.