the mirror

Adrien's pov

At break, I walked to the front of the school where found Luka, leaning against the wall listening to music. When he saw me, he frowned. He was always frowning at me.

"Adrien." He said with a nod as he pulled off his headphones.

"Luka." I said respectively.

He cleared his throat, "lead the way blond."

I walked back into the building and could hear him following.

"How was Canada?"

"Don't try and make small talk with me Adrien, I'm here to see Marinette, not talk to you. If you cant tell, I hate you Adrien."

I was very surprised he had just upped and said it and had to close my mouth very quickly. Why did he hate me so much? Okay, I was jealous of him and Marinette, but I sure didn't hate him. In fact, I would be happy to be friends with him.

"It's through that door." I said as I pointed to the infirmary door.

"The nurse will let me in?" Luka said suspiciously, not trusting my motives.

"Janet's cool, just say you are Marinette's boyfriend and she will probably start crying and let you through."

"I don't like lying to people Adrien."

"What do you mean? I didn't say lie to her I just said to-"

"Marinette and I aren't dating. I also don't think Marinette will be happy with me waltzing around saying I'm her boyfriend when she clearly stated to me that she wanted to take things slow. Especially cause some douche bag hurt her really bad." He gave me a pointed look and went to push open the door. "I don't lie to people Adrien. I'm not oblivious and I care about my friends, family and Marinette a lot. You hurt one of them and you deal with me."

He went in, leaving me stood dumb founded in the hallway. What was he on about? And why does everyone keep calling me oblivious?

I sat down in the classroom, Mrs Bustier being in the staff room and everyone else outside or in the library or art room. Why was I finding it so hard to just let Marinette go? I was fine with letting M'lady go so why is Marinette any different. I mean there was hope. Her and Luka weren't dating yet. Maybe I still had a chance! But the chance was slim. What was it with me and one sided love? What made me so unlovable?

I could hear Plagg, shifting around in my bag.

"Don't even think about it Plagg. I don't need you complaining about being hungry right now."

I heard some kind of noise come from my bag but he stopped moving.

A window on the far side of the room was cracked open slightly, a cold wind blowing around me. I got up to close it. In my hand, I gripped the lucky charm Marinette had given me. It was ironic really, both of the girls I had fallen in love with had lucky charms. I was staring at the charm whilst I reached to close the window, reaching out randomly to get the catch.

I heard something though, whilst staring at my hand. It was a minute sound, the gentle beating of something. A heart? No it was... An akuma.

I jumped back away from the window, throwing Marinette's lucky charm in shock and falling backwards, knocking the air out if me. Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts. I shuffled backwards with my hands as the akuma fluttered and zig-zagged through the air.

My hand hit the lucky charm on the floor and I noticed one of the beads had broken in half, the red string obvious through the break. No matter what happens I will always have Marinette and Ladybug. Just as friends yes but I will always have them. I gripped the charm harder, the broken bead pressing into my skin. I imagined Marinette's smile, her eyes, her laugh when I say something stupid. I thought about fighting with Ladybug, pounding fists and defeating Hawkmoth. I am not going to be subjected to his torture.

After around a minute, I opened my eyes slightly to see the akuma fluttering out of the window, flying back to wherever it came from. My heart was still beating rapidly and I realised how tight I had been holding the charm and loosened my grip.

I'm sure M'lady would be able to cope with an akuma without me, but I shouldn't just give in and get akumatised. I relaxed for a second but, it was only for a second as I realised there was now an akuma ready to akumatise the next person to get a negative feeling.

I crossed back over the room to where Plagg was sat grumping in my bag.

"Oh, so now you want me to talk to you? I was actually going to say something nice, you know? I'm not always talking about cheese and being hungry-"

"Plagg, I was just almost akumatised."

Plagg was silent, one paw in his chin whilst he looked at me.

"Fine, you are forgiven, now are we going to transform or-?"

"Plagg-"

"I was kidding Adrien, wait I haven't digested all my camembe-"

"Claws out!

Sorry this took so long to come out and is kinda short. Don't hate me! I am pretty sure I am going to start a new fan fic soon so stay tuned but dw, this fic will still get updates! Ilysm 💜💜💜