healing

Chat Noir's pov

I could feel ladybug's heartbeat as she rested against my chest. I was moving faster than I ever had done before, the rain pouring down in thick sheets around me. I knew where master Fu lived, I was sure it was somewhere around here. I felt my feet slip multiple times, the leather of my suit doing nothing to help support me.

I dropped down to the ground, moving my hand to support ladybugs head as I landed. This must be the house.

Once inside I located which floor he lived one and which apartment. I rapped loudly on the door.

"Chat Noir what are you doing here- what happened to ladybug?" Master Fu asked as he pulled the door open.

"I-I didn't know where else to go. I don't know what to do." I managed to say between my tears.

"Come in boy and de-transform, that suit is doing nothing to keep you warm."

I stepped into the room and gently put ladybug down on a pallet on the floor. She was pale, her eyes flickering behind her eyelids.

"She's... Dreaming?" I asked, turning to Master Fu as he consulted with a large book in his hands.

"I don't know, I need to de-transform ladybug so I can speak with her kwami and see how bad the damage to her miraculous is. Can you go in there for a minute. There should be some cheese in the fridge for plagg but I am afraid it is not camembert." Master Fu gestured towards a small room next to the main room we were in.

I nodded and made my way in, turning my back to the door. A pink glow surrounded me from behind and it took all my will power not to turn around. I couldn't betray ladybug like that. Plagg was whizzing around holding a chunk of cheese.

"Do you think Tikki will be okay?" He asked, juggling the slice of cheese out of nervousness.

"I'm sure Tikki and ladybug are going to be fine. Master Fu can fix this, I know he can. You can go see her after we are done okay? I'll stay here so you can."

"Thanks kid, your the best." He said swallowing the cheese whole and settling down in my backpack.

Master Fu's pov

I pulled out Ladybug's earring and watched as she transformed back to Marinette in a flash of pink. A small red Kwami shot from the earrings, and began whizzing round in panic.

"Tikki? What damage is ther-"

"None! She unconsciously stopped her miraculous from taking any of the damage. She's stupid and reckless!" The Kwami shouted in a high pitched voice.

"What do you mean Tikki? How?"

"I don't know how she did it master. I was trying hard to get some of the damage to be leaned onto me and the miraculous but she just wouldn't let me... Is she going to die master?" The kwami's anger had faded, now only fear remained.

This was a problem. In dire situations, when a hero is injured, their miraculous and Kwami can take the damage for them. This can cause cracks and splits in the miraculous and illness for the Kwami, but they are much easier to fix than a broken human being.

"Tikki, did any of the ladybugs get to her?" I asked. It was our last hope.

"One master... Only one. It's in her forearm. Why didn't they fix her? They were supposed to fix her?"

"I don't know Tikki. Eat something and then I'm going to need you to transform back. I need Chat Noir's help for this, plus he will be able to access video footage of what happened."

"Okay," the small Kwami said, slowly munching a cookie, "please save her master Fu."

Adrien/Chat Noir's pov